Questions About Chord Names

Shinyditto12

Question

24 answers to this question

I can't speak for the developers but I guess it pretty much depends on what RS supports natively. I honestly haven't looked at the chord database in RS, so I can't be sure but it would be strange if diminished chords aren't available, although they might not be displayed with a ° but just as "dim".

I thought the chord names that appear in game (for customs) is completely to do with how EoF writes the XML?

For example, is this not how and why the ignore tuning/capo function works; because RS is literally displaying what is written in the XML?

And out of interest, my Gary Moore custom has a C#0 in it.  Check out 1.34 in the play vid

http://customsforge.com/topic/25066-cold-day-in-hell/

The 0 looks superscript to me.

• Like 1

• Administrator

It is but special character is know to provoke corrupt saves so for safety measure many things have been disable and it's better to copy the way official work to avoid any surprise than trying stuff that might break the game...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I think that there should be a pause on implementation, at least until some views are in...

I agree with firekorn, customs should reflect official songs as much as possible.  And in fact, on viewing the screen, I think that that layout would hinder first time accurate play and be detrimental to the RS custom experience.

Sorry @@Shinyditto12 :(

Great idea and I don't think that would work for most players in game.

High five to Plum for making a valid "that that" though :lol:

I think that there should be a pause on implementation, at least until some views are in...

I agree with firekorn, customs should reflect official songs as much as possible.  And in fact, on viewing the screen, I think that that layout would hinder first time accurate play and be detrimental to the RS custom experience.

Sorry @@Shinyditto12 :(

Great idea and I don't think that would work for most players in game.

High five to Plum for making a valid "that that" though :lol:

im lost, why wouldnt it work?

@@Shinyditto12 Couldn't you do that in EoF then? Select the chord, press N and give it the appropriate name? Or doesn't that work with diminished chords or chords that use special characters?

Btw, just fyi, in your picture there are "F7maj(no5)" chords but the usual way to spell that would be "Fmaj7(no5)" because "D7" would imply a dominant seventh chord, so putting the "maj" before the "7" makes it more easily recognizable.

no

@@Shinyditto12 Couldn't you do that in EoF then? Select the chord, press N and give it the appropriate name? Or doesn't that work with diminished chords or chords that use special characters?

Btw, just fyi, in your picture there are "F7maj(no5)" chords but the usual way to spell that would be "Fmaj7(no5)" because "D7" would imply a dominant seventh chord, so putting the "maj" before the "7" makes it more easily recognizable.

it dosnt work actually.