Share your tones - Bands, Guitarists, songs

mikewiehle

Question

I think we should start posting our tone files for people to use.  You can use media fire, or whatever other means.  I think this should be a sticky because I have 5 finished songs that I can not post for others because of two issues: 1) I have yet to find a very clear explanation of how to use tone switching in the game; and 2) if the tone has not already been done there are an infinite number of possible tone settings (and I have looked online for a description of what a guitarist uses and there are dozens of different combos described online).

I will be posting two tones for ACDC (Angus Young -lead guitar and the bassist who I believe is Mark Evans).  It's also good to put the band and individual players name in the post so they can be found with a search.

Thanks all!  Mike

13 answers to this question

This should be the link for the folder with the two tones for ACDC (Angus Young -lead guitar and the bassist who I believe is Mark Evans).  ACDC Lead is Angus  and the ACDC Bass is, well the bass (I have not listened to the bass).

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i92bkk03cmr20

Now go make some ACDC songs.  As a bonus I will post a new ACDC song.

• Administrator

There is already a topic for tones request in the workshop section for those who are asking, sharing tones is a good idea but keeping the first post up to date with all the tones could be way better than letting everyone throw their tones around.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Mike, all of the 'authentic' tones for Rocksmith are available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9xag4jw7i29b54d/ps4LuvWGW_

I find it hard to believe that none of them will work for you. And certainly you should be able to tweak them to fit what you're looking for. as @PC Plum pointed out elsewhere, you should be trialling tones in game -- go to the Tone Designer, select songs (either from the same artists, or from songs where the tones should be fairly similar), then get to work experimenting.

Often something as simple as moving the microphone position for the cab will take a song from 'meh' to 'yes! exactly!'

Once you've got a tone you like, save it and assign it to the tone stick (I'm not so sure that's necessary, though, it seems to me that ALL of the tones you create can be imported into the Toolkit). Use the Toolkit's import tool (set to locate XBOX files) to locate the folder (Steam/userdata/....it's in there in one of the numbered folders) and import the file. You'll know it's the right one, since it will be date-stamped for the time you created your last tone.

Alternatively, if you like an Authentic tone as is, just download it from the link I gave you -- or download ALL of the tones in the zip file, so you'll have access to them on your hard drive.

Lastly, I do not believe that a tone that isn't an exact copy of the original tone will kill the song. In fact, it can be helpful if the tones aren't the same -- this allows the player to hear the difference between his playing and the original a little better (in my opinion).

The only thing that's 100% necessary is that each arrangement MUST have at least a basic tone assigned to it, otherwise the game will crash.

Also, you might find the tones you're looking for in other customs -- there are already 11 AC/DC songs in the database. Just unpack one of them to get Angus' guitar tone (or extract it inside Rocksmith). It's not like he has dozens of different sounds.

Make sure to ask permission/give credit to whoever created the tone.

Although a big part of a guitarist's  tone comes from the type of guitar he uses. It's going to be difficult to get Angus' SG sound from a telecaster. This is why I wouldn't get so hung up on finding the 'perfect' tone.

I second that there is already a topic for tones requests although I do not think it very useful or used at all.

I am no expert with tones but I spent a few hours last night working on them and I got them to work. I might put together a tutorial based upon what I did even though it might not be all correct or the right way to do it.

Do you have the link for the other tones thread?

Also, I personally, find it very hard with all of the options for tones to just start from scratch and try to make a good tone.  I may be tone deaf.  There are often several settings for each item (like an equalizer).  If you start doing the math on the available options on each items, and the number of items available the potential different set-ups gets into the billions. Each CDLC song takes me personally about an hour and a half, so if this shaves off some time for others, it can't hurt.

Any chance of giving me a step by step guide to how to unpack or extract a tone inside Rocksmith, and then use it?

Thanks, Mike

• Administrator

There is already some tutorial and great piece of information here and the request thread is here. But there is also a research fonction that you can use ;)

The tone that you create might never seems right because the guitar/bass play a big part in what it will sounds like, and by using the already existing tone in rocksmith and CDLC, if you can't find something that come close to what you want you might never find it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Do you have the link for the other tones thread?

Any chance of giving me a step by step guide to how to unpack or extract a tone inside Rocksmith, and then use i,

Thanks, Mike

Have a look around, the info's in this section of the forum.

I don't recommend starting from scratch until you have a good idea of what all the pedals, racks, etc. can do. But surely there must be a guitar sound close to what you're looking for -- it's not like any of the songs you mention are avant-garde experimental industrial noise.

I found the thread you guys mentions by searching 'tone requests' (seeing how you did not post the link as I requested), all requests no tones.  This thread is for people to post tones they created, the exact opposite of the other thread.  Having to explain stuff over and over is getting really boring.  This thread is not for requests but for actual tones. 

So please, if you have made a custom tone, please post them here.

Thanks