Issue with Toolkit generated preview .wem

Hey guys,

I've noticed something strange regarding the preview .wem file that the Toolkit generates. This has only started happening since the most recent updates to the WWise integration (not sure what release that was).

The in-game preview ends up being only a couple of seconds long (used to be significantly longer) and the pitch of the music is slightly higher than it should be. Playback of the actual CDLC, however, is completely fine.

It's happened on the handful of songs I've packaged up since the Wwise stuff was tinkered with. Here's an "afflicted" .psarc for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1p2z4j1b6395vq4/AADAzKFMAnCJ97oLu44MEIQ6a?dl=0

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

• Developer

@@Alex360 I committed change with Debug mode switch for AudioTools and ImageTools while you are debugging so that users are not troubled with these issues.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

It's 3 sec long can I get original preview form eof?

I didn't use EoF to generate the preview audio. It was also generated with the Toolkit.

I seem to recall getting 30 second previews with the Toolkit in the past.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

• Developer

@GetTheLedOut  Could we have original EOF project files with ogg/wav audio for debugging.  There is probably issue with ogg wem conversion like Alex said with 44 vs 48 kHz.  I noticed this before too.   Plz PM link to your project files,

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 1 month later...

@@jhespada, PM us both I think OP is no way to get it by toolkit itself he's issue was before toolkit step, so we fail to reproduce that error...
It would help if you send files and way you get this issue, thank you :)

• Developer

Toolkit is no longer using Audio library for conversions.  So there is no potential for 44 vs 48 kHz issues.  Last time the problem turned out to be there were too many audio files in the work folder and the one the toolkit used was bad.  Make sure you only have main audio ogg/wav in EOF project folder an no other leftover audio files.

• Like 1

Toolkit is no longer using Audio library for conversions.  So there is no potential for 44 vs 48 kHz issues.  Last time the problem turned out to be there were too many audio files in the work folder and the one the toolkit used was bad.  Make sure you only have main audio ogg/wav in EOF project folder an no other leftover audio files.

I removed the unnecessary audio files and this worked. Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy