Rocksmith 2k14 Chords 1on1 bugged?

Candy

Hello guys,

im having a little trouble with the chords 101... does someone know whats wrong there?

It just wont let me pass "now play all open strings at once", well...  i'm not a good guitar player at all, but that's something i can really manage. Tried setting up a new profile, problem stays the same. 

I just want to refresh some easy chords and get better at that, but its irritating if the most simple things won't get recognized correct. Maybe its the Guitar?

All the other usual stuff seems to work right.

Thanks in advance and greets

Candy

I had the same problem with that lesson, had to strum for five minutes or so (felt like ages!) in all different manners just to pass at some odd point. Luckily - otherwise I probably would not have an computer right now ;) Only play Rocksmith for a wee 3 months now. But I play guitar for some ten years! So, you can imagine which way my guitar almost was swinging...

But luckily also that was the only point RS gave any of those problems. Not on that scale anyway. As I hope you found out for yourself now as well.

I was thinking that it maybe was because of my tremolo bridge. Even tough I have it fixed with some extra , coils (?)..

Anyhow, for future peoples..

I would test the guitar first , beg, borrow, buy, or steal a guitar tuner , test each string to see if it stays in tune after a couple of strums. If it's not the guitar it's the lead detection which can either be a volume issue , driver issue , pc issue or maybe it's just faulty. This can be fixed by obviously changing the volume settings , re-install driver , change the settings of the cable on the pc , testing the game with a different lead.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'm just giving you an update that it is still not working... well, ill just skip that lesson then, i dont have a clue why does single thing doesn't work... the rest gets detected very well. I guess there is something wrong with the guitar, i'll have that checked since it now even doesn't recognized other real chords.

Will update if i ever find out why that is. 

PS: Not going to steal a guitar :D

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'm just giving you an update that it is still not working... well, ill just skip that lesson then, i dont have a clue why does single thing doesn't work... the rest gets detected very well. I guess there is something wrong with the guitar, i'll have that checked since it now even doesn't recognized other real chords.

Will update if i ever find out why that is. 

PS: Not going to steal a guitar :D

I just had another thought , If you guitar has two pick ups , try toggling the switch in different positions to see if this helps.

• Like 1

I just had another thought , If you guitar has two pick ups , try toggling the switch in different positions to see if this helps.

That is totally what caused the problem! Thanks a lot :)

i put the switch into the middle position now.... had it put to the right, didnt work, to the left -> worked a lil better. And now works perfect in the middle

• Like 1

That is totally what caused the problem! Thanks a lot :)

i put the switch into the middle position now.... had it put to the right, didnt work, to the left -> worked a lil better. And now works perfect in the middle

Happy Chording dude :)