Good CDLC songs for me

Hurricane246

Question

I recently bought rocksmith from steam and am completely overwhelmed by the number of songs on customsforge. I played guitar for 5 or 6 years, then stopped for around 4 years. i recently have been getting back into guitar and thoroughly enjoy rocksmith. my favorite genre is classic rock, but i really like anything from the 60s to the 90s. my favorite bands are (in order) pink floyd, the eagles, and led zeppelin. i really like hundreds of artists, but those are my favorites. i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some relatively easy songs that are fun. they dont necessarily have to be by those bands, or even classic rock, any song that is enjoyable will do. i enjoy nearly all genres of music, but rock is my favorite. to give an idea of how advanced i currently am, i can play Jeff buckley's hallelujah on about 70-80% difficulty after a week or so. i am looking for a variety of artist, time periods and genres, thank you for any assistance you can provide, it would be much appreciated.

5 answers to this question

@@Hurricane246 You should take a look at our Rocksmith Championship. Each week we play different beginner song for lead/rhythm. Also, You may take a peak at our list of songs previously played in competition as we rate them difficulty wise. It's nothing definitive, but can give good picture about which songs are simplier.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I created a custom of Shooting Star's Last Chance, and another of Golden Earring's Twilight Zone.   That's the only classic rock stuff I've charted.  Nearly everything else I've done has been neoclassical metal, I think.  I still greatly enjoy playing them, which is why I made them in the first place.

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/last-chance-r7634

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/twilight-zone-r10122

Sometimes I use big words that I don't completely understand, just to make myself seem more photosynthesis.

I'm currently playing songs in a way to memorize them, because being able to play them without RS should be the goal.

I've reach about 25 songs, mostly instrumental only and I'm currently on ex-Led Zeppelin Robert Plant's Big Log, which I can suggest as quite easy to play. One of my first was Hotei's Battle Without Honor or Humanity, the track in Tarantino's Kill Bill. Great and Easy

@@Tom, I typically turn my back on the screen if I wanna play it without looking, its still possible to learn the song keep in mind once you knkw it its no different than piping your ipod into your amp and plugging along.

To OP, use the search there are tons of greats in there. Just grabbed Warren Zevon the other day as well as Nancy Sinatra. Have much Hendrix from the Steam store. My CDLC runs from death metal Job for a cowboy, to lana del ray.