CDLC Search

adyscoot

Question

Why when using the CDLC search function does it not always find all the search criteria ? As an example if you search for Kenny Rogers it comes up with 1 result  The Gambler but if you search for The Gambler there are 2 found both by Kenny Rogers but created by different people and totally different playing wise. I have also found this on a Pink Floyd track but cannot remember the track name. Is this just down to the tags people give their CDLC when they upload

5 answers to this question

• Administrator

Because Kenny Rodger and Kenny Rogers aren't exactly the same thing so if you search for Kenny Rogers, you'll only find the one with that artist name and the other won't show up.

It's probably an error when the charter put the information for the cdlc.

I've edited the record with the wrong artist and if you ever encounter other like this, just report them to a mod/admin so that he can correct the information.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

hi all, 

First of all, i would like to thank all the team for the amazing job you do !!  :D  you rock !!

I have a sugestion about the cdlc search , it is possible to add a new field 'style' in a dlc (jazz,rock,electro....) , and include it in the search box ?

this would be the ultimate option ever :)
  • Like 2

• Administrator

http://customsforge.com/forum/132-genres/

That's how far with got with that idea over many discussion and you're free help build up those list to make it better for everyone.

As for adding this to the search, well : http://customsforge.com/topic/14887-genres-in-the-filter/

It's not impossible to see it appear one day as an option but i wouldn't hope for it to be available tomorrow ;)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

as a collector of every cdlc that exists (my therapist says i may have a problem) ... there are a LOT of entries with misspelled names, or alternate versions of the same name.  if the admins approve .. i'd go through the entire database and fix the artists names so that they are more consistent.  messaging the creator so they can fix their cdlc would be nice as well.  

something tells me im going to need more caffiene