Backing track CDLC?

not_sleeping

Question

I know this has been brought up before, but I haven't seen it go anywhere...so I'll bring it up again.

Am I the only one who really wants CDLC with a guitar-less backing track used as the music?  As an example, I've been playing More Than A Feeling since it was first released in RS1.  Now I want to challenge myself by playing it without the lead guitar track at all.  I can do that by going to guitarbackingtrack.com or by buying the song on Jammit.  I've done both of those things, but still find myself preferring the Rocksmith interface.  Can't we have the best of both worlds?  All we would need is someone to use an mp3 without the lead guitar part when packaging up the CDLC.

Anyone else interested in this?  Basically, we can bring BandFuse's ducking feature to CDLC.

I agree with you and I'm interested doing cdlc without lead guitar in backing track. I know there are programs that do it, like riffrepeater...

I think the solution could be: a section where we post mp3 and who has the program give us the version of mp3 without backing track. 

Admins...is it possible? :)

It would be a good idea but it's hard if not impossible to remove a guitar part from a mp3, i mean without having a really crappy audio quality at the end of the process.

Unless you want to purchase the orignal studio tracks from the recording which means you're probably a bored millionaire, the best way is to redoing the whole song from scratch (this is how most of the backing track are made) which also mean resyncing the customs...

The program I meant isn't riff repeater (sorry) but RIFFSTATION: http://www.riffstation.com/

In the description the authors says "Isolate the Guitar and Learn From the Masters "

Anyone has this program? 

Have you seen this thread: http://customsforge.com/topic/521-other-guitar-software/ ? Riffstation is discussed there. 

Small stakes leave you with the minimal blues

I brought this idea up several days ago in the Chat, when I first discovered this place.  I bought RS for PC just for the CDLC, and I think "backign track DLC" would be pretty cool too.

I have a collection of around 50GB's worth of mostly original multitrack recordings...  I'm obsessed with multitracks, partly due to my job. 

Riffstation is decent, as the poster above mentioned.  There's also Jammit, which is pretty good and does use actual multitrack files.

But hey, it's not Rocksmith.

I brought this idea up several days ago in the Chat, when I first discovered this place.  I bought RS for PC just for the CDLC, and I think "backign track DLC" would be pretty cool too.

I have a collection of around 50GB's worth of mostly original multitrack recordings...  I'm obsessed with multitracks, partly due to my job. 

Riffstation is decent, as the poster above mentioned.  There's also Jammit, which is pretty good and does use actual multitrack files.

By 'original' you mean the original artist? Maybe you could post a list somewhere that people can look at -- if there were a backing track for a song I'm working on, I'd be happy to prepare a second CDLC for it (assuming it syncs like the original song). It wouldn't be that difficult to do, really.

I have a song that I have a backing track for and I plan adding it in an update. For some reason adding BT to this particular song isn't as simple as switching out the .ogg files from album version with multitrack one so I couldn't do it straight away, but yeah backing track cdlcs could be really cool.

Also I used Frack's links for that and I wouldn't have discovered this glorious multi-track collection without his thread on smithy

If the backing tracks are from the same recording as the album version you used, you should be able to just update the position of the first beat marker in EOF after you load the other OGG file and that's about it. If the album version has been altered from the master recording, you may have to resync various parts of the chart though.

If the album version has been altered from the master recording, you may have to resync various parts of the chart though.

Yeah that seems to be the issue for me, I was making a seperate project for the album version that I've manually resynced but I have to copy all the dynamic difficulties and make phrases and sections again for the multitrack project. Am I doing this wrong? Is there a better way to solve this?I want to add that using the album version was important for me because the gh/rb multitracks usually aren't very good in audio quality, have unusual volume levels sometimes (for instance an instrument overshadowing the others when it's not supposed to) and more extras like these intro-drumstick-hits. Most of these multitracks seem altered at least very slighty imo.Also, how do I prevent Rocksmith from only accepting either the album version cdlc or multitrack cdlc? I'm pretty sure naming them differently doesn't solve anything, I didn't do any elaborate tests but I know this from experience when trying to get cdlc and corresponding backing track cdlc to work (to make them both show up in the Rocksmith song list at the same time). Is this more of a question that I'd have to ask the toolkit devs?

If you already created another project and synced it to the multi-track audio, placing the phrases and sections again may be the best way to go. The alternative is to instead sync the project again, using a copy of the album version project with the multi-track audio.

The toolkit developers should know for sure, but I would have thought that providing unique names in one or more fields like "DLC Name" and "Song Title Sort" would allow it to show up as separate entries in-game.

I just posted yesterday "Walk On" with no backing track. There are no vocals too so it is not so funny to play but...what do you think about it? 

Why don't you create a specific session "NO BACKING TRACK" ?

Looking forward to trying it out.  Unfortunately I won't be able to until tomorrow...but I'll be sure to leave feedback.

You could just play along with tracks from here:

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com

Won't get a percentage at the end of it but quite handy if you want to practice with your iPhone/iPad of away from your Rocksmith device...

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

On 3/11/2014 at 10:59 PM, not_sleeping said:

I know this has been brought up before, but I haven't seen it go anywhere...so I'll bring it up again.

Am I the only one who really wants CDLC with a guitar-less backing track used as the music?  As an example, I've been playing More Than A Feeling since it was first released in RS1.  Now I want to challenge myself by playing it without the lead guitar track at all.  I can do that by going to guitarbackingtrack.com or by buying the song on Jammit.  I've done both of those things, but still find myself preferring the Rocksmith interface.  Can't we have the best of both worlds?  All we would need is someone to use an mp3 without the lead guitar part when packaging up the CDLC.

Anyone else interested in this?  Basically, we can bring BandFuse's ducking feature to CDLC.

btw, the jammit app was "resurrected" as open-source. check out unjammit.com

tracks are also around

On 3/14/2014 at 11:10 PM, Womac911 said:

jammit was brought back, btw

1 hour ago, Womac911 said:

As "Crammit", I know.  And they've done a great job.  Now if custom tracks could be created for it, that would be great,.

I Make those, check mine, I like it also whitout the lead track. 😉
Still not happy, might be time to start make them.  😉

8 hours ago, Womac911 said:

As "Crammit", I know.  And they've done a great job.  Now if custom tracks could be created for it, that would be great,.

So i've heard, but I'm not a huge fan of having tracks people contributed sold back to us (that "free with the app" excuse is just plain bull)

I'll play the tracks I bought back in the day without paying extra, thanks

7 hours ago, Jan Universe said:

I Make those, check mine, I like it also whitout the lead track. 😉
Still not happy, might be time to start make them.  😉

You mean you have created your own JCF content, playable on Unjammit? 😮

Would you share to take a look?

5 hours ago, jammit said:

You mean you have created your own JCF content, playable on Unjammit? 😮

Would you share to take a look?

Sorry but I thought it was about RS.
But it seems to be about Unjammit, I have never heard about it.
I made none for Unjammit, only for RS.