[Suggestion] Mandatory addition of bass fix if required.

spliffst4rr

Question

This I suppose a bit of a hybrid suggestion/complaint. I'm a bass player, solely. I gave up on guitar the moment I first picked up the bass I now call my own. Now, my style is traditionally metal, with a lot of the songs I have downloaded to play being Drop B or lower.

The problem? I can't play more than half of them because the bass fix isn't applied to them. This is going for some songs that have been posted all of not even a month ago.

If you're a charter on here, and the bass tuning for the song is B Standard, Drop B, or lower, why would you NOT put the fix in? It's essentially screwing us bass players over. Is it really our responsibility to unpack the file and edit the tuning in EOF ourselves even though it's not our job to ensure that the customs another user makes are as playable as possible? Hell, I've never even attempted doing such a thing so I don't even know if you can do that.

I find it frustrating since by now, the bass fix should be common knowledge for all Charters on CustomsForge. Trust me, as a charter myself I know the amount of work that goes into creating a custom, but editing the tuning on EOF to account for the bass fix isn't something that takes hours. It's a 30 second process with the most minimal arithmetic required.

Anyways, I'm sorry if I sound a little salty, but I think anyone on here that plays bass can understand how it's highly frustrating to download a song only to find out the bass is completely unplayable.

Why not add another mod group who have the task of going through the CDLC records, and sending messages to the specific charters about their songs with a lack of the bass fix, requesting it be updated or face removal until it gets added? Having 100+ songs downloaded that I can't even play is just ridiculous. Hell, I'll even take up the task of doing this myself, I don't care, as long something gets done about this.

#InitiateTheBassPolice

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

• Administrator

A little bit of history here.

The fix for low bass tuning was found around april 2014. At the time their was already some CDLC that had a problematic tuning and not every charter was made aware of this discovery. I guess during May the toolkit got the update that included the automated bass fix which allowed new CDLC to be created without the issue (if the toolkit used was up to date).

Not all charter are still actively working on customs and some are probably not even aware that there's an issue with their own custom.

Note that you can easily fix that yourself (and since you are a charter you should be familiar with the tool) and can always ask an admin to replace the file on cdlc page to avoid others to have to fix it themself!

We do care about the playabilty of the CDLC available but we can't neither check or fix every single CDLC on here by ourself. If you report a customs be sure we will look into it!

• Like 3

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

A little bit of history here.

The fix for low bass tuning was found around april 2014. At the time their was already some CDLC that had a problematic tuning and not every charter was made aware of this discovery. I guess during May the toolkit got the update that included the automated bass fix which allowed new CDLC to be created without the issue (if the toolkit used was up to date).

Not all charter are still actively working on customs and some are probably not even aware that there's an issue with their own custom.

Note that you can easily fix that yourself (and since you are a charter you should be familiar with the tool) and can always ask an admin to replace the file on cdlc page to avoid others to have to fix it themself!

We do care about the playabilty of the CDLC available but we can't neither check or fix every single CDLC on here by ourself. If you report a customs be sure we will look into it!

I guess I'll have to then. Though, one can understand my frustration in having to go through my 1500+ songs, gathering the ones that need the fix, actually fixing them myself and then giving you guys a list of bass-fixed songs I've done with a link to a Dropbox folder or Google Drive folder with the updated psarcs. Not saying I won't, because I'm definitely going to.

To anyone else, if you'd like to help me out with this task, you're more than welcome. We could get a little committee together to work on them or something. I think our 136,434 members would be quite thankful to all those who take the time to get all the CDLC's to full completion.

• Administrator

If every single active member would go through the trouble or reporting and giving feedback to the author, the complexity of the task will diminish quite fast.

We do get from time to time so report here and there and i've already helped on some issue. Yes it's tedious and we know that and we greatly appreciate the help anyone can give to make the database "cleaner".

I will also put that link here : http://customsforge.com/topic/4863-list-of-crashers-jammers-dead-toners-and-misc-problems/

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Will do. Though when I comment in that thread, I'll likely post links to the updated psarcs so you guys can edit them into the database. Since it's only applying the bass fix to songs that need it, I'm not hijacking anyone's work. Just making their work playable for bassists!

• Developer

I hear all sides here, and amazingly I understand this one.  ;)

@spliffst4rr

The latest beta release of the toolkit will handle applying the Low Bass Tuning Fix to all your songs at once.  I actually anticipated your comment/problem. 

1.  Fire up the toolkit.

2.  Head on over to the Packer/Unpacker tab.

3.  Move on down to the Low Bass Tuning Fix group box.   Read up on all the tooltips ... about what the checkboxes do. Since you have a bunch of songs to fix, I would suggest checking 'Quick Fix' and 'Delete Source FIle(s)' check boxes.  STOP STOP what you are doing and make a backup of your CDLC if you have not already done so in case something goes wrong.

4.  Press the 'Fix Low Bass Tuning' button and multi select (hold down CTRL) while you select all the songs that you want to fix

5. Then press 'Open' to begin automatically applying the Low Bass Tuning Fix.  Go get some coffee.

6.  Songs that have been fixed will have 'bassfix' in the name.

7.  Enjoy ... EZPeeZ

• Like 3

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@cozy1 Awesome job on that fix! I'll never need to use it myself, but that's a job well done.

This is kind of a microcosm of a larger issue, IMO. Finding some way to regulate (or dare I say it - rate) the CDLC area without discouraging people from creating and updating them. More quality charters and CDLC is always a good thing, but this is obviously a very delicate issue.

I very nearly wrote a bunch of bullet points on this, but this probably isn't the appropriate place :D

It sounds like you guys are discussing some potential solutions now, which is great. For what it's worth, feel free to PM me if my input would be helpful in any way.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

• Developer

@GetTheLedOut  If we could just get charters to use latest toolkit test build that would be a big step to improve CDLC quality.  Old toolkit release is like from April 2014.  As an example there are still charters this week using this old build to release new CDLC.   Some of these CDLC don't even have preview audio because it was up to the charter to generate it.  Now it happens automatically,   @@Alex360 is working on getting the latest test build out as Official Release Build.  Hopefully happens soon.  As far as regulating CDLC, I think that falls on the hosting site to provide review.  Feel free to PM me your ideas if you like.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.