Other question about EOF

ShrillBear52

Question

I'm so embarrassed for still have questions :D  Luckly,i'm not faild at Software Developing subject It's hard as hell(Why do i have to learn Free Pascal anyway? ) But nervermind,here are my question:

1) How can i set up the Volume of the music in EOF? I don't know how,but  in my not 100% finishd work has this problem,when i play the lead part it is normal,but when i play the Rhythm part or the Alt.Rhythm part the music is very low.

2) (I know i discused this before,)   How can i made the length of a sutain in EOF? Because when i reach that part where should be a sustain the part of it is missing.

3) How can i make a starting fret in EOF? (This is also have been discused before ,don't blame me pls : )  )

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

20 answers to this question

1. EOF has no means of permanently altering the volume of the chart audio. You can change the playback volume for various things in "Song>Audio cues"

2. Select one or more notes and use your mouse scroll wheel or the [] keys to change their length.

3. If you are asking how to set the fret value of a note, you can select it and press F or N to access the dialog to type them in. There are many keyboard shortcuts for guitar arrangement authoring, make sure to check Help>Keys and the pro guitar tutorial in the help menu:

Keys">

Ctrl+~ , Ctrl+#, Ctrl+Fn #, Ctrl+X:

Changes the fret number for all gems of all selected notes to 0 (Ctrl+~), 1 through 10 (Ctrl+1 through 0), or 11 through 22 (Ctrl+F1 through F12), or X (Ctrl+X, to denote string mutes).

1. EOF has no means of permanently altering the volume of the chart audio. You can change the playback volume for various things in "Song>Audio cues"

2. Select one or more notes and use your mouse scroll wheel or the [] keys to change their length.

3. If you are asking how to set the fret value of a note, you can select it and press F or N to access the dialog to type them in. There are many keyboard shortcuts for guitar arrangement authoring, make sure to check Help>Keys and the pro guitar tutorial in the help menu:

Changes the fret number for all gems of all selected notes to 0 (Ctrl+~), 1 through 10 (Ctrl+1 through 0), or 11 through 22 (Ctrl+F1 through F12), or X (Ctrl+X, to denote string mutes).

Thanks,but if i can't change the volume then there is a problem,the lead part is fine with the music but in the 2 Rhythm part the song is quiet quiet LOL,or maybe the problem is only whit me i don't know sure , but anyone should try it and say an opinion,just to be sure https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4znawfpfc9dxvb/Godsmack_Changes_v1_0_p.psarc?dl=0

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Do you mean the rhythm guitar playing in the song itself is quiet, or the guitar tone used when playing in-game is quiet? EOF wouldn't be able to help with either of those problems.

The whole song is more quiet then the tones in the Rhythm parts.Then what can i do?

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

@@ShrillBear52 -

The song volume is the same for all paths since you can only use one song file per .psarc. The volume of what you play on each path can change depending on the tones and tone volumes that you have for the different paths. It looks like the two paths use the same tones except for the Filter and Filter_Lead being used on lead, so the parts that use the same tones should sound the same in both paths. Are you saying they're not, or is the distortion tone (which I'd guess would be pretty loud based on the settings, especially for a song volume of -7, though I haven't played it yet) just used much more on the rhythm path?

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@ShrillBear52 -

The song volume is the same for all paths since you can only use one song file per .psarc. The volume of what you play on each path can change depending on the tones and tone volumes that you have for the different paths. It looks like the two paths use the same tones except for the Filter and Filter_Lead being used on lead, so the parts that use the same tones should sound the same in both paths. Are you saying they're not, or is the distortion tone (which I'd guess would be pretty loud based on the settings, especially for a song volume of -7, though I haven't played it yet) just used much more on the rhythm path?

I used the same distortion in the Lead part And Both Rhythm part,bur when i just changed form lead the rhythm and started to play the song,the music was quiter than in the normal Lead part,i don't know maybe the problem is just only with me.Somone shuld try to play all the 3 parts and say an oppinion i think.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Played a bit of both paths and the song volume sounds the exact same to me. Not sure why (or even how) they could sound different for you.

Played a bit of both paths and the song volume sounds the exact same to me. Not sure why (or even how) they could sound different for you.

Well,it seemd that the Rhythm part was quiter than the Lead part but now they kind of the same volume,Thanks,but unfortunetly there is 1 problem still,the sustains length have been not changed in RS,altrough i edited them in EOF,don't know why.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

I wouldn't go using Ctrl+X too often, that's the destructive "set fret to 0 and make it a mute" version.  I think you want Shift+X to retain the fret value.

And Shrillbear, you are a tryer :D

I can't understand half of your problems because I don't know if its a problem with the software, your English or you...  it's usually you :lol:

I wouldn't go using Ctrl+X too often, that's the destructive "set fret to 0 and make it a mute" version.  I think you want Shift+X to retain the fret value.

And Shrillbear, you are a tryer :D

I can't understand half of your problems because I don't know if its a problem with the software, your English or you...  it's usually you :lol:

Anyád? Yes english is not my native language,also i was nervous as hell in this week,but now i'm not finaly! and what i said before,there was a PROBLEM with the audio in the Rhythm track(it was quite) i didn't changed anything at all in the settings since,but albatross said,the volum with both Rhythm and Lead tracks is the same,but in my game it diffrent.Also what i have problem with is the sustains length in THE GAME ITSELF.In EOF it's a normal sustain,but in Rocksmith itslef,it's SHORT.Don't want to start an argue about it,it would just spoil my day :P 

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2l9gsnl.jpg

http://oi68.tinypic.com/v8lijs.jpg

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Chord sustains by default don't show (except via the highlighting along the noteway, which you see in your image) unless there was a slide in or there will be a slide out. If you want the sustains to show, there's a "Sustain" option in the note menu or you can select the chords then go to Notes -> Rocksmith -> Toggle force sustain. If you do it for all chords it will probably make things very hard to read in game, though.

• Administrator

His problem is actually linked to the fact that RS cut handshape when there's a new section/phrase coming up (in his case the end phrase).

I'm not really sure where to adjust that but it guess by playing with the phrase length parameter first, you might get what you want.

And to come back on the sound volume issue : either you are talking about the tone, or... no i don't see any other possibility, but the song volume is the same for each part as it is set in the toolkit as a global parameter.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

His problem is actually linked to the fact that RS cut handshape when there's a new section/phrase coming up (in his case the end phrase).

You're probably right, but that's not particularly clear based on his image. In EoF it only shows about 2 measures past that last chord, and in game we can only see the end of two measures (presumably the two after what is shown). It looks like he has a phrase length of 2 (which I'd argue is usually needlessly short except for songs with very slow tempos) set, then.

Anyway, it's something that has zero effect on Rocksmith scoring, and I think most people would figure out not to mute it by their second listen, so I'd say it's a pretty minor issue.

I was being happy man, "tryer" is good :D

You must make mistakes to learn.  A lot of people give up but you keep trying.  Keep going :D

And yes, picture is not good.  Make picture from end of EoF?

Sry about that m8, i was nervous to not fail any subject XD (high school is tough)  but now i'm fine, and here is the picture from the end, i don't know how much will it change the situation    http://oi63.tinypic.com/vy163d.jpg

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

Same setting, but yeah i guess i was right :

I'm not really sure where to adjust that but it guess by playing with the phrase length parameter first, you might get what you want.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity