Quiet the more I play

foobs

Question

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this, but it seems that when playing customs for an extended period the song volume starts to decrease.  I have all bars up to 100% in mixer and have tried lowering all volumes as low as they go apart from the guitar 1 volume and then increasing my speaker volume, but this hasn't solved it.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, have a fix for it?

Foobs

6 answers to this question

I've noticed this happening in the Riff Repeater -- after a rewind, the volume drops down only for a couple of measures, but then comes up again. Don't know if this is related though.

I'd suggest taking all of the customs out of the DLC folder and try adding them back in one by one -- see if this happens with any custom, or with just specific customs.

I've noticed a similar problem with specific cdlc's.  In my case the guitar sound is dropped to zero so I cannot hear my bass at all but the game still registers the notes I play so I can get a score.  After this happens, the sound on the guitar never returns until I exit and reload the game.  It's very noticeable for me because I get the player volume 20% higher than the music.

It appears like something in the cdlc is lowering my volume setting but I can't find in the files extracted where this might be set.