Song artist not accepting symbols anymore in beta builds.

Trying to save an AC/DC song, but the toolkit keeps removing my slash on Artist name and sort, forcing it to be ACDC.

Is this a permanent thing and what can I do to fix it in the meantime?

Took mine away too on a CDLC i'm working on Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. Doesn't like the " & "

• Developer

Thanks for feedback.  I added extra validation to song info.  May have added too much.  Will back it down a notch in the next beta release and give back '/' and '&' symbols.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Ok.  All fixed in latest beta release.  You can download now.  Added '&' and '/' back to acceptable character validation. 

Other changes include:

Fixed bug in GetPlatform that caused Xbox360 to select RS2012

Added multi platform support to low bass tuning fix

Code clean up and optimization in Packer/Unpacker feature

Added underscore to 'Same name xbox issue fix' for consistency

Fixed PC to PS3 converter

Fixed PS3 and Xbox Packer/Unpacker and naming conventions

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@cozy1 - It looks like the fields (artist, song, album, both title and sort) are also not accepting characters like "...", parentheses, apostrophes, and other things of that nature that are pretty common, particularly in song titles.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Developer

@albatross213  Appreciate it if you do a search on your ODLC and tell me what you find as valid special characters.  Thanks

ps.  You can use CFSM to do the search.

OK, here are what I see:

@@cozy1 - Here's what I see.

' (apostrophe)

!

( and )

-

/

#

"

&

:

Accents for things from French, German, (and also Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, etc. for customs)

A few customs also have

~

the rotated ! and ? that you get in Spanish at the beginning of exclamations or questions.

Probably not exhaustive, but I think that should cover most things.

• Like 1

• Developer

@albatros213  Thank you.  You actually found more than I thought are used in ODLC.  I will add these to Artist, Title, Album name validation routines:

.',!()-/#"&: and accents found in French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese

Could we stop using ~ and the rotated ! and ? that you get in Spanish at the beginning of exclamations or questions because you don't find these used in your ODLC?  Is this acceptable with you and the other charters here?

Note: existing CDLC will not be effected by these changes unless they are repackged with the toolkit

@@cozy1 - Realized I also forgot the question mark "?" in my list.

I think we could probably do without those Spanish marks as I doubt it would lead to much confusion or inability to find songs where expected, even if they're not strictly grammatically correct. But I might not be the best judge as I haven't charted any Spanish language music.

• Developer

Done.  Check out newest beta build.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy