Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 118

Rodman

http://i.imgur.com/apXD49c.jpg

:blink:

:wub:

Sometimes it feels like random chance whether my brain will operate at full capacity during a solo, but maybe power metal is a reliable way to psyche it up. I'll have to check these guys out in depth, they're right up my alley.

http://i.imgur.com/REnqJlk.jpg

This is coming along  - got the verse sounding kind of okay!

As I'm getting more familiar with this custom, I find myself wishing it had better tones. :(

• Like 5

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Anthony Fantano talks about Dystopia by Megadeth!

Of course, i disagree once more with him, and i think his review is pretty incomplete, he didn't talk about Kiko and Chris participation and stuff like that

He did say he liked the solos so yeah.

I'd agree with most his points but give it a 6. Lyrics are silly, his voice is shot and ANOTHER loudness wars album but the guitar tracks are pretty good

What are you watching @@Nacholede? He doesn't have hair to headbang, he can't review Megadeth. Listen to the album instead. And headbang!

What's this "proper hair" nonsense? :P

Ok, Noony, I changed it. "He doesn't have hair to headbang" should be right. I know that having long hair can be a pain to some, especially when mom is forcing you to cut it, but then she won't notice when you cut it a lil bit. But that feeling when you headbang and hair is flying around, it covers your eyes, and you don't see screen with Rocksmith's highway, so you're making those silly misses, but you don't care, you headbang even more. Headbanging is awesome.

PS. When I'll have good enough hardware I'll record a good heabanging Rocksmith video for you.

• Like 5

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Hey guys !

I wasn't there these last weeks .. In holiday and after ... too much work.

I saw that New Born has been picked. Sorry, I underestimated the level apparently ...

I'm back to rock again haha :D

Yeah @Sargi - thx for causing no mess at all :angry: :P  :lol: 

Now go and play your easy song :D

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Mortalo, Jason Newsted and David Draiman headbang better than most without flowing locks of hair so I moot your argument /shift-ctrl-moot :)  Headbanging was the only dance I could ever do as a teenager, and still is ... though I recently, rather loudly, pointed out a girl doing the "Macarana!" at a house party to Nine Inch Nails "Fuck You Like an Animal"... Folk laughed and she skulked away, embarrassed. I felt bad because it was actually quite genius :) Then all her mates piled in and took over spotify and put fucking "Bewitched" and "Wigfield" on claiming it was a "90's" party... I left before there was a "Sharks v's Jets" style fight about the era of NIN.

Grandma is going to shut up now about the olden days :) 

• Like 3

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

@@NoonyDeloony That's envy talking through you :lol: That's what I'm telling my mom when she wants me to cut my long hair :lol:

Who the hell came with this idea (Muse - New Born, drop D)?

http://s13.postimg.org/b0x8w8887/2016_01_27_00003.jpg

Is anyone playing Em like that? You can play it like normal Em (A2, G0,B0,e0), muting that D string if you want. Or is there any secret meaning behind that Em shape? @?

• Like 3

Anthony Fantano talks about Dystopia by Megadeth!

Of course, i disagree once more with him, and i think his review is pretty incomplete, he didn't talk about Kiko and Chris participation and stuff like that

He did say he liked the solos so yeah.

I'd agree with most his points but give it a 6. Lyrics are silly, his voice is shot and ANOTHER loudness wars album but the guitar tracks are pretty good

I do agree that Dave's voice is a bit off and the rhythm is a bit generic, but the leads and drums kicks ass

He didn't mentioned or gave credit to Kiko or Chris, and a lot of points were out of the review, at least it's a solid album and a fresh air to Megadeth, and of course, a step forward from Super Collider 

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

At the beginner level they are all long weeks I think  :)

I'm trying to give up smoking at the moment, and I was losing my temper and throwing picks at the screen last night when I couldn't make my fingers work  :angry:

Just noticed in your awards that you are both 1st and 2nd in the Beginner lead bracket.  Have you managed to find a way to enter twice without anyone noticing :-)

1st and 2nd because you have caught me @diddie. so you are #1 with a bullet and i'm #1-2 falling slowly  :ph34r:

also the 2nd award is for failing to catch you during the week and the 1st is for @@Rodman ranking.

• Like 2

@@Mortalo

Ever heard of Kerry King?

Or Jens Kidman?

Phil Anselmo?

Phil Labonte?

Devin Townsend?

Scott Ian?

EDIT: Joe Satriani?

Rob Halford?

Lars Ulrich?

Maynard James Keenan?

Pls tell me how much hair those gentleman all have

I'm pretty sure that if you go back a few years you'll find they all had long hair - until they realised that it's a not a great look on men over a certain age, especially if you're starting to go a bit grey and/or bald !

Except for Scott Ian who just headbanged so much that all his hair slipped down and now hangs from his chin.

• Like 3

@@then3verend Lars Ulrich? He has semi-long hair at back of his head. He headbangs in reverse :D

And besides, you're jealous as well :lol:

• Like 4

@@fiddlesticks - I don't know what you're talking about. It's a great look.

Edit: Also, my condolences to your fretting hand:

http://i.imgur.com/JURQKuL.jpg

Playing through the verses a few times in RR allowed for much more economical fretting of the verse riff. After some practice, it still gets a bit uncomfortable, but nowhere near as bad as when I haven't practiced it.

• Like 6

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@NoonyDeloony That's envy talking through you :lol: That's what I'm telling my mom when she wants me to cut my long hair :lol:

Who the hell came with this idea (Muse - New Born, drop D)?

http://s13.postimg.org/b0x8w8887/2016_01_27_00003.jpg

Is anyone playing Em like that? You can play it like normal Em (A2, G0,B0,e0), muting that D string if you want. Or is there any secret meaning behind that Em shape? @?

you also can use a normal Em chord shape like you say, IF you want to move your hand dow and back up to the B major.

And yes, it is a very uncommon shape of the Em chord, Em/B in a narrow sense, but here the shape makes sense... in fact of the other harmonies before and after here your hand moves down chord by chord, and with the charted Em(/B) chord shape you can leave your index finger at it's position on A string 2nd fret for the following Bmajor. Besides this chord also could be interpreted as Badd9b13, what also would make sense cause it solves into the Bmajor. Whatever, for a clear declaration of it I would have look into it again to see the other harmonies arround, but you figured out another shape of that chord which contains the same notes, congratulation :plus1: , you can use it, but remember open strings sounds a bit different than same notes on lower strings in higher position (RS doesn't care about)

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@fripp - thx, Badd9b13 sums it up quite perfectly.

;)

Cool song on int lead this week i must say...

http://i67.tinypic.com/fuujk4.jpg

• Like 3

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

@@MonstaS4 - watch out, a knuckleball slider

http://i64.tinypic.com/2vah18y.jpg

• Like 3

Off topic, sorry.  I keep wanting to try the guitar parts of the songs, but nothing seems to work with RS to make my guitars track properly. 

I cannot find any setting that will have my RS2014 and cable register any note on the D string of either guitar.  It has no problem tuning the guitar, but it misses at least 90% of any and all hits to the D string, including the open string.  I have triple checked the intonation of both guitars, no change.  I also have messed with the cable gain setting.  I have tried the slightly flat tuning, and dead on tuning.  It seems nothing fixes this.  My bass has no tracking problems at all, but the guitars both are equally poor.  One is a strat copy, the other is a tele copy.  Anyone know if pickup style(single coil or humbucking) has a effect?  My only guitar with humbuckers is in super serious need of a refret and is not playable.  I might be willing to buy a humbucking pickup guitar if someone knows that it really helps.

Lance