Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 117

Mortalo

@@franfit I've put on a little tonight, but it's still within reach,  One good run and you can do it!

That's probably me done now for the week too.  The hands are too tired, and I don't think I'm going to get time before the close tomorrow.

Hi everyone, I really did my homework last week, I just couldn't deliver it on time, sorry about that. I really should post on fridays, we'll see.

So, @@Rodman said he has 4 guitars, each with a different tuning. I just have an old one, but really could afford another. Thing is I never thought about using them like that, i's so damn practical! For the time being, a friend keeps her guitar at my place, so having instant E and Eb is just so great, so thanks @@Rodman I can't believe it never entered my mind.

http://s12.postimg.org/aac53vnjh/2016_01_19_00001.jpg
subir gif

• Like 8

Hi everyone, I really did my homework last week, I just couldn't deliver it on time, sorry about that. I really should post on fridays, we'll see.

So, @@Rodman said he has 4 guitars, each with a different tuning. I just have an old one, but really could afford another. Thing is I never thought about using them like that, i's so damn practical! For the time being, a friend keeps her guitar at my place, so having instant E and Eb is just so great, so thanks @@Rodman I can't believe it never entered my mind.

Hey @@Tango, I only have the two.  I keep one tuned in E and one tuned in in Drop D.  It really is very useful, and saves a lot of pain tuning all of the time.

• Like 3

@ personally feeling I need more than a week for MC and ADV, not because of lack of time to practice but because for me they're both quite stamina draining songs, sprained my pinky slightly practicing the MC ... Could probably do int pretty quick but for the competition I see no point, though I do want to learn it eventually for my own personal pleasure. It is not for the want of trying, I am, We are trying! The MC and ADV are nuts songs, great fun yes, but for myself and maybe a couple of others we just haven't quite the technique/speed/dexterity/memory etc to spam the boards with triple X screenshots such as mine :) I'm not moaning about being in MC but I find now I'm there I desperately want to stay competitive but am struggling to do so due to inexperience. I dedicated myself completely to practicing MC and though I can play 80% of the song, my inexperienced brain does not allow me to accomplish this in the time frame, it's a ball ache as I have been torn between "fuck it just play the others!" And "noooooo don't.give.in!" I had to though, unless my pinky gets better by tomorrow, then I will try again. These are great songs but I think when folk are transitioning from one class to another, we don't immediately become fully accomplished in that class. That's my tuppence worth on the lack of scores anyway :)

• Like 5

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Arrrrgh! so frustrated with this song! I can make the bar chords register 99% of the time, but just cannot get those 3 high strings to ring out cleanly. It seems like the underside of my first joint is right over the b string and not pushing down on the fret enough. 

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/d805zyywv5927d0/221680_2016-01-23_00001.png?dl=0

• Like 7

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

and another score

http://up.picr.de/24365801aq.jpg

this cdlc has no custom tone, only a very low clean sound through the whole song. But if I play it with my Marshall in my back it sounds good anyway :)

• Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one that failed the MC song (bass) on the last F****** note! This is discouraging. :(

It's the only song I've played this week. I'm none too happy that I haven't manage to complete it at least three times. :(

I'm supposed to be advanced, but I prefer the MC song and only have time to practice one. Not sure what that does to my ranking, though...

L

• Like 3

Ah, I guess going to play some easier songs and just relaxing helped some:

Blues Comping 89.44%:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=606449603

Cannonball 96.06%:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=606449516

Mr. Big 91.46%:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=606449530

L

• Like 5

@@Nacholede I`m still yet don`t know, i listen a few times, i like a many a songs :) All very good, and so awesome sounds, can hear every of notes in solo and riffs, perfect technique and record. A lot enjoy. The best of albums for me in last 10 years. My favorite a songs  now, that catchy me:

The Threat Is Real, Dystopia, Bullet To The Brain, Post American World, Look Who's Talking, Conquer Or Die, The Emperor.

But there are no boring a songs, all good.

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

New album by Megadeth - Dystopia now available.

Very very good, perfect album, , nice recording, and mixing, divine solo, perfect tones of guitar.

hqdefault.jpg

It is not yet on Spotify, only the Singles...

I hope this changes today.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@franfit I've put on a little tonight, but it's still within reach,  One good run and you can do it!

That's probably me done now for the week too.  The hands are too tired, and I don't think I'm going to get time before the close tomorrow.

i'm running out of time but, maybe.....  Nice run man  B)

I have been playing mr big all week without any higher accuracy.  I can handle most of the solo (fast bends are a big NO) and the chords are easy, but those damn arpeggios dont sit well with me.  I cant learn the rhythm and i cant hear in my head what it is im supposed to play. So it like playing without hearing anything.  It feels better than it did when i got my best score. But i still always end up with a lower accuracy.  I think the song is cursed.

• Like 2

Getting the last it's possible to get out of me. Can play everything on 95%, but first speedy part only at 90 and second speedy part only at 85 percent of speed... It isn't very comfortable to play on high frets of Les Paul typed guitar: distance between frets is small + fingers are placed somekind under angle to freatboard (cuz neck is really wide there) makes me often to occasuanly mute high strings with fretting hand, and string action is much bigger.http://i.imgur.com/qQ7eY1L.jpg

• Like 4

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

Well, I thought I would give this a try.  I just got my Rocksmith 2014 this past Wednesday, late, but I have toying around with guitars since the late 1980s.

I greatly disliked the beginner song, Cannonball.  Very much so not my type of music.  So I decided to get my bass out and try the bass song and got this on the second try:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/366283084963302803/BB1EF4C5E79B9CC67A03359CB623A29DEB76299E/

Not a fan of metal, but that song was not too bad, and far less offensive than Cannonball.

I will probably be a permanent beginner on guitar, so start me in that category.

• Like 7

New album by Megadeth - Dystopia now available.

Very very good, perfect album, , nice recording, and mixing, divine solo, perfect tones of guitar.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm right now at Risk (1999), but the 1st song threw me off, and I wanted something good while working. Now, I can say that Rust in Peace, Countdown and Youthnasia are really fun, Cryptic Writings is weird, but it gets quite enjoyable at the end. I gave a peak at Th1rt3en, 1st two songs, I already knew them (Guitar Hero & Rocksmith) and that's extremely wonderful, can't wait to give it a full listen, but unfortunately I'm gonna stick to chronology.

PS. I always loved Dave vocals on Sudden Death.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures