WWise Version Error Upon Generating psarc in Toolkit

jhespada

Question

11 answers to this question

@@jhespada -

Is this using the latest version of the toolkit? If not, I don't think it supports 2015 versions of Wwise, and you can download older ones here by selecting them from the first dropdown menu. If it is with the newest version of the toolkit, it's possible that it's a bug that hasn't been detected yet because it's a new feature, in which case I summon @@cozy1 and @@Alex360.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Not wanting to necro-bump an old thread, but I am just starting out with the toolkit and am also having this issue. I am using:

Wwise 2016.1.3.5878

Toolkit v2.7.0.0

It generated a file once, although there was something amiss with what I'd done and the file didn't play, but when I went to change things, it started coming up with this error.

I've had a look at changing the Wwise path in the configuration screen, but have no idea which folder I'd need to change it to as I don't know what file it's looking for. I tried Wwise 2016.1.3.5878\Authoring\x64\Release\bin as there is a Wwise.exe file in there but it didn't seem to work. I've no idea where else it might need to point.

If I need to install an older version of Wwise, the oldest version avaialble at the moment is 2016.1.0.5775. I've no idea if this will help or not. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Turns out it was because I hadn't created a preview that the toolkit was looking for Wwise. Is there also an issue with .wem files created in 2016 versions of Wwise? I've just posted what I thought would be considered a new question, but if it is just the case that I need to create the .wem files in an earlier version of Wwise, I'll close it down.

EDIT:- Yes it was just a case of converting using a 2016 version of Wwise. Please excuse me being an idiot!

Question covered here: http://customsforge.com/topic/33701-creating-cdlc-audio-conversion-problem/?p=235042