Rocksmith and Windows 10 Compatibility

Mac66

Question

I have a new computer with Windows 10 pre installed and I have been having horrible sound issues with it, crackling in the speakers or distortion in guitar and I have lost any custom tones that come with the DLC or CDLC. I talked to both Windows Support and UbiSoft Support and found out that at this time Win 10 is likely not compatible with RS 2014. I have sent messages to RS on both Facebook and Twitter but they have not responded. I am pretty pissed about this because I bought the new computer for better graphics and sound and now I cannot even use RS on it.  BTW, I have tried manipulating the .ini file but it has not helped.

4 answers to this question

it turns out ubi support was wrong RS is compatible. the information that they have on their site about the ini file is not totally correct and I had to make a couple of different changes to get the sound to work. sounds okay right now, but it has done that to me before so I will see if it lasts.

Ive been running rocksmith on windows 10 for about a year now with zero problems.  Ubi may not officially support win10 but only because they have not had a chance to fully test it on a myriad of platforms using win10.