Some cdlc started to freeze

Sillien

Question

14 answers to this question

It's likely a conflict with another song.  Try removing all of your customs except those two and see if they work then.

If they work, then you've got another custom (or several) that are causing a conflict.  Add your customs back in small batches until you find the one(s) causing the problem.

• Developer

@Sillien  No it should only take minutes to check with CGT.

Follow my signature link and download CGT (Custom Game Toolkit) then use CDLC Manager feature to check your CDLC.  After you have parsed your CDLC colletion, click on the GUID column header and then select the Custom Duplicates radio button.  This will show you if you have any duplicates (conflicts) that will crash or hang the game.  Also your CDLC will be checked for corruption automatically by CDLC Manager when it parses your song library and if any corrupt CDLC are found they will be moved to quarantine.

Let me know the results.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@Wepeel  Have you ever tried to run  CDLC Verifier for  Rocksmith® 2014?  It may run on a Mac if you are using Mono but I can't say for sure.  The download to this CLI tool and others is also available by following my signature link.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@Wepeel  Have you ever tried to run  CDLC Verifier for  Rocksmith® 2014?  It may run on a Mac if you are using Mono but I can't say for sure.  The download to this CLI tool and others is also available by following my signature link.

Thanks for suggesting that tool, but it won't run either.

It's not a big deal though.  I tend to download and add customs a few at a time so that when I run into problems it's easy to figure out which custom is the culprit.

you will likely need to do this manually, i know it is time consuming but it looks like it is a necessity to do a manual audit. after you do this, you should audit each new song against what is already existing in your dlc folder. some early cdlc did not have a standard catalog naming format so there could be problems you are not seeing on the surface. this was not long lived but was long enough that you could be experiencing problems from it. feel good you only have 500, i had to do it with over 6000, though i wasn't aware of CGT at the time. good luck.

I have the same issue as Sillien, but is seems to be on any single CDLC.

I have removed all of them, and when I place any single on in th dlc directory its does freeze when I want to play it.

I tried it with several that I know I played recently.

Does anybody have any suggestion for investigation ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have found what happen (at least for me)

I don't know how it happen, but the D3DX9_42.dll had disappeared from the Rocksmith directory.

I have jsut reinstalled it and everything goes fine know.

Hope it can help .

aaaaaaaand it didnt work.. i replaced the dll and when lauching the game a command prompt does appear so no problems yea? i instantly tried to play velonica and it froze the game again , but its like it doesnt freeze the game it freezes input ,i could see the songs loading since i have lots of songs it loads in 10 sec or so , and i could still here the playback of the song

• Administrator

Sadly you tried one song that doesn't work for everyone and the issue is the CDLC itself in this case, you should be good to play other CDLC though.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity