How do you convert CDLC from PC to PS3?

Legended

Question

I was able to convert songs before with Custom Song Creator Toolkit, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. The songs show up and the music plays when the song is highlighted, but when I press X on the song it freezes the game and I'm unable to move. I can still press the PS button to open XMB.  It's been a while since I've used the tool so maybe I've skipped a crucial step.

Here's what I've been doing:

1. I open up the tookit and select the "Converter" tab.

2. I set the source to "PC" and the target to "PS3". The APP ID is set to The Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock by default.

3. I then choose a CDLC that I've downloaded from here and press convert. It creates a "psarc.edat" file which should be compatible with the PS3.

4. The last thing I do is transfer it over to the proper directory, which is /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31182/USRDIR/DLC, but like I said above, it doesn't work

I feel like a skipped a step, but I'm not sure and there isn't too many tutorials on how to specifically convert from platform to platform. If I can get any help, It would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Could be because the arrangement has the tone set to the default one, as far as I'm aware that freezes the song/game when you start it. Just unpack the file and reimport the arrangements with the toolkit to check if it still has a tone different than the default one assigned to it

• Like 2

Could be because the arrangement has the tone set to the default one, as far as I'm aware that freezes the song/game when you start it. Just unpack the file and reimport the arrangements with the toolkit to check if it still has a tone different than the default one assigned to it

I'm not sure what exactly I need to look for. Hopefully you can help me once more.

http://i.imgur.com/8l908f0.png

On the Edit Arrangement tab; "Tone Selector". Set only the "Base" section to the tone you want to use. Everything else should be empty, so remove the tone from "Tone A" so it's emty like the other ones. That should solve it. Everything else looks fine to me. Don't forget to tag PS3 because it's tagged for PC on the screenshot.

Unlikely, but might be that the creator made a tone change in the tab file, but I don't think that's the case since "Base" and "Tone A" are the same tone. But if it still breaks, check the file in EOF for it and remove it.