How can notes (from a songbook) like this?

ShrillBear52

Question

I don't know how to do this 3.Also i'm not so sure about the bends part.Is this possible to make it or the picture that contains the bends in guitar pro is the same?And what can i do with the toggle manipulation part to look decent? (one picture shows in pg5 the legato slide part and the toggle manipulation)

http://oi67.tinypic.com/w7cz92.jpg

http://oi63.tinypic.com/aadmdx.jpghttp://oi67.tinypic.com/zt6o82.jpghttp://oi65.tinypic.com/t5oepj.jpg

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

9 answers to this question

For me this is so much easier to fix directly in EoF, after you've imported the tab. There are ways to author most everything in GP and have it import reasonably well into EoF, but there will almost always have to be a small amount of streamlining required by the user in EoF.

Honestly, most of your questions about "Guitar Pro can't do this" or "Guitar Pro doesn't import correctly into EoF"... etc. are very easy to fix. You'd just need to get more comfortable authoring and editing in EoF. It may seem hard, but I assure you it isn't - and it will save you TONS of time and headaches.

I've literally never had a tab that imported perfectly. You'll always have to make one change or another, whether it's to note sustains, tech notes, adding arpeggios/handshapes. There's always something :D

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

The bend in the first picture would need to be authored slightly differently than in the tab. Rocksmith doesn't allow for sliding from an open note (fret 0) so it's more accurate to chart it as a slide from fret 1 to 5, then you could link that note to a note that bends and then releases. You'll have to use tech notes to define the points at which the bend reaches its peak, when its release is begun and when it is fully released. EOF would be able to import this bend as it is defined in the Guitar Pro file.

The second picture shows what I assume are some really fast bend notes, but I can't be sure without the GP5 file. Likewise, EOF should be able to import these as they are defined.

In the third picture, I don't know of an equivalent effect in Rocksmith. It may make the most sense to actually author them as separate chords. This way if the player has the right equipment and can perform it true to the original recording, the game will probably count it. And if the player can't perform it that way it may still sound close enough.

In the fourth picture, I assume the tab is saying to bend the note and play notes on it while it's still bent. I don't know how well this part would import into EOF, but you could manually author it as a bend note that links to a pre-bend note, that links to another of the same, then another of the same and then finally links to a note that defines the release of the bend. The tech notes tutorial (http://customsforge.com/topic/890-tech-notes-tutorial-authoring-complex-bends-and-more/) should have some examples like this in it.

There are so many different ways to author tab, some more proper than others, and some things are so unusual it's not worth the time to add complex handling in EOF. If something straightforward flat out imports wrong in EOF though, by all means let me know and I'll take a look at it.

• Administrator

1) the bar have one eight note too much and sliding from 0 is not handle by Rocksmith. Nothing to say about the bend seems like it should work fine the way it is.

2) For the volume effet, a tremolo should do the trick but it's clearly an effect and a sustained chord should be authored in EOF with a proper tone change.

3) just put pre bend on the note that are picked again in GP and everything should work smoothly.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

about lenght in 1st pic 4th bar, GP shows a bar in red if the note lenghts doesn't fits the bar lenghts. In this case you only have to delete the dot at the tied chord. If the lenght of bars in a tab are not correct it can cause section issues in game later.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

For me this is so much easier to fix directly in EoF, after you've imported the tab. There are ways to author most everything in GP and have it import reasonably well into EoF, but there will almost always have to be a small amount of streamlining required by the user in EoF.

Honestly, most of your questions about "Guitar Pro can't do this" or "Guitar Pro doesn't import correctly into EoF"... etc. are very easy to fix. You'd just need to get more comfortable authoring and editing in EoF. It may seem hard, but I assure you it isn't - and it will save you TONS of time and headaches.

I've literally never had a tab that imported perfectly. You'll always have to make one change or another, whether it's to note sustains, tech notes, adding arpeggios/handshapes. There's always something :D

I better like it to make it in gp,because it's much easier to handle than to do this in EOF.I admit,EOF does's not import most of the time the tabs correctly,but this depends on the GP tab itself too.(I had maybe 3 tabs wich was imported correctly)

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

If you have a tab that does not import correctly, by all means report the problem. Otherwise try to keep in mind that not all tab is authored correctly, or have things that Rocksmith even supports, so just because it doesn't import the way you want doesn't necessarily mean it's a problem with EOF.

If you have a tab that does not import correctly, by all means report the problem. Otherwise try to keep in mind that not all tab is authored correctly, or have things that Rocksmith even supports, so just because it doesn't import the way you want doesn't necessarily mean it's a problem with EOF.

Well,last time i made some chages in one of my tab and when i imported into EOF the ghost notes in the intro wasn't ghost notes at all.Is this normal? http://oi64.tinypic.com/9ss09s.jpg

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

The ghost note in GP aren't really ghost note because they just indicate the sustain (duration) that the player should play therefore, in EOF, there's only a sustain that import because it's what's actually played.

It's perfectly normal and without the way EOF imported it you would have loose the slide and the vibrato status in the middle of the sustain which i guess you don't want to loose during import.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

What you are seeing are not ghost notes but more a poor choice of symbol by guitar pro in the guitar tab line. When it comes to guitar tab there are no standards but more a common way of doing some things, Other things get made up by the creators of tabs and tabbing programs as tabbing evolves. The guitar tab line only provides partial information and needs to be read in conjunction with the music notation line to get the full information.

In Guitar Pro the brackets in the tab line do not represent ghost notes as they would in drum tab. They are just a reminder that you should still be sustaining the note when crossing into the next bar or applying an effect (slide, bend etc.).