move song to setlist

ikwtif

I read this in another thread

Thanks for explanation, but there anyway, i not see any functions for copy cdlc, only move.

Do you have the last best version (v1.1.3.2) ? "Add selected song(s) to setlists" now copies a song to setlist, instead of moving it.

Is it the option to just move dlc to a setlist completely gone? I wanted to sort my cdlc but the copy feature makes it a lot harder. Also, now all the songs show up as duplicates in the Duplicates tab. Am I supposed to remove them myself after sorting all of them in setlists? Or do those duplicates not matter?

• Developer

@@ikwtif et.al.

The CFSM Developers would like your input for new/revised SetlistManager features in  this thread.  The current version of Setlist Manager no longer moves/removes songs from the main 'dlc' folder.  The move function was changed to a copy function so that users may add the same song to multiple setlists.  If you would like to have both move and copy options then please add the request and any others for the Setlist Manager thread so that get tracked/addressed in a future CFSM release.

As for Duplicates ... CFSM initially looks at Artist, Title, Album to determine duplicates.  You can get different views by clicking on the 'funnel' icon on any of the filterable columns.  You can also uncheck the checkbox 'Include Setlist Songs' to see just the duplicates that are in the main 'dlc' folder.  (Note: This checkbox behavior is not currently filtering data as I expected so it needs to be fixed.)

An important feature of Duplicates is the link "Select SongInfo/PersistentID" in the right hand corner towards the bottom screen.  When this is link is selected and 'Include Setlist Songs' is unchecked then you will see (after the checkbox behavior mentioned above is fixed) those duplicate songs that could cause the game to hang.  You should consider deleting or moving these songs if you find duplicates in the main 'dlc' folder.  Remember to use the column sort funnel to group songs together they way you want to see them.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@cozy1

Ok thanks. I'll do that. 

I'm going to check this properly later today/tomorrow, but I'll mention it already. I think there might be some songs in the 'setlist manager' tab show the wrong tuning. For example I noticed "Red Flag - Billy Talent" shows me that it's in Estandard tuning in the manager, but in the game it shows up correctly as dropD. 

I also disabled all tunings different from Estandard for the RS Main Tracks in the 'song packs' tab, but they still show up in-game. Any idea to why that's not working?

• Developer

@@cozy1

Ok thanks. I'll do that. 

I'm going to check this properly later today/tomorrow, but I'll mention it already. I think there might be some songs in the 'setlist manager' tab show the wrong tuning. For example I noticed "Red Flag - Billy Talent" shows me that it's in Estandard tuning in the manager, but in the game it shows up correctly as dropD. 

I also disabled all tunings different from Estandard for the RS Main Tracks in the 'song packs' tab, but they still show up in-game. Any idea to why that's not working?

It could be that you forgot to press "Save" button after disabling the songs, so the actual Song Pack still remains unchanged.

As for the tuning problem, we'll have to investigate it. Does it show the song tuning as E Standard in Song Manager tab, too ? 

It could be that you forgot to press "Save" button after disabling the songs, so the actual Song Pack still remains unchanged.

As for the tuning problem, we'll have to investigate it. Does it show the song tuning as E Standard in Song Manager tab, too ? 

Ah. Not pressing save is probably the issue then, I forgot you had to do that with the song packs. thanks!

Yes, it shows the same incorrect info (E standard) in the 'Song Manager' tab. Only in Rocksmith it shows the correct tuning (drop D)

• Developer

The issue with tuning could be that a typical song has three arrangements, i.e. bass, lead and rhythm, each of which may have its own tuning.  In Setlist Manager you only seeing a single dimension of tuning of whichever tuning gets parsed from the song first.  If you want to know the real tuning (two dimensional) of each arrangement you need to use Song Manager and click on the plus sign in the first column to show the song details and then you will be able to see the tuning for each arrangement as it would be displayed in the game.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

The issue with tuning could be that a typical song has three arrangements, i.e. bass, lead and rhythm, each of which may have its own tuning.  

Yeah, I noticed that for a few songs, but I'm fairly sure the one I mentioned only has drop D tuning for all arrangements, but maybe I'm wrong I'll check it later

Edit: Both arrangements (bass & lead) are drop D for the song. Also, the song manager tab is showing E standard anyway for both arrangements so there is something going wrong with getting the info from the file. Or at least the lead arrangement should show drop D there

Also unpacking the file with the custom toolkit and then adding the xml files shows the proper tuning, not sure if that's usefull but yeah

I'm not sure how the song manager reads the tunings but was going trough some files and the one file I found something about tuning seems correct(songs_dlc_billyredflag.hsan) 

"Tuning" : {
                    "string0" : -2, 
                    "string1" : 0, 
                    "string2" : 0, 
                    "string3" : 0, 
                    "string4" : 0, 
                    "string5" : 0
                }

• Developer

@@ikwtif

Thanks for the details.  You helped find bug in CFSM tuning conversion.  It will be fixed in the next beta release.

• Developer

@ikwtif  Give the latest beta build of CFSM a try.  Rightt mouse click on a song in SetlistManager will give you all the options you are looking for including Move.   Tuning bug is fixed.  Let me know if it works for you.