cdlc stays as old version after changes

ikwtif

Question

SOLVED 

Fixed everything I think. That's what you get coming back after a long break, making the dumbest mistakes  -_-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea why this is happening, but I made a cdlc a while back. Today, I changed a few things in EOF (adding section/phrase/fixed wrong chord), in the toolkit I changed a tone + volume of the audio (even tried not using the previous package I made so it had completely different info/key etc) and somehow everytime I end up with the old version of the cdlc in Rocksmith. Even when I removed the old file from the dlc folder (tried almost 10 times at this point)

How is this even possible? I have tested a lot of songs before but never had this issue. The only thing I can now think off is that I am now working on a copy from a backup of the songs I'm working on and it's using the original files? But I'm not even selecting the original files and they are on an external hdd. Loading the notes file in EOF shows me the proper file so I'm stumped

EDIT: figured out that I missed an EOF setting for the XML. Still not sure why Toolkit doesn't update the tone tough, it just keeps the standard tone from the menu. Already unpacked the parsec again to check and it says cherub rock clean for the tone there.

If it's helpful, I put the original and new map in this dropbox link (the 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/au2eekj04tztla1/AABqc8P1MHZa9YoyXRmlUv1ta?dl=0

5 answers to this question

Just tried it with the next song I had, same issue. Sections don't pop up after changing it in EOF. and tone (changed it to official cherub rock clean tone)/volume change in toolkit doesn't work at all. All the other info I put into the toolkit is shown correctly tough for some reason. When I load into EOF, all changes are there. Toolkit shows the right tone linked to the lead part. I have no older files from the songs in RS, they import properly except that it keeps the old version of tones/notes for some reason. 

I hate to state the obvious, but are you SURE you are importing the right file that you made changes to with EOF?  I would edit the entry that is in the toolkit and see what folder and what the date of that file is to see if it is the one that you modified in EOF.  It sounds like you have two versions of the file, one that the toolkit saved to one directory and one that EOF saved in another directory.

I'll try again in like an hour when I have time but yeah. I checked for duplicates and imported the files brand new in the toolkit without using the package. Even then, I change things in the toolkit like tone/volume that doesn't change at all, but the info (like title/artist) does. I'll probably try redownloading the toolkit too and put only the files I need to compile the cdlc in one map. 

I figured out the problem with EOF. After reinstalling it I forgot to turn on the setting to get the XML files. 

Redownloaded the Toolkit (and ran the updater). Still doesn't give me the tone I added (cherub rock-clean) or audio volume. 

So there's still that

I just keeps the standard tone from the menu during the song. Already unpacked the parsec again to check and it says cherub rock clean for the tone there.