RocksmithToTab - generate Guitar Pro tabs from Rocksmith 2014 songs

cabalistic

RocksmithToTab is a tool which automatically extracts tabs from your Rocksmith songs, including official DLC and CDLCs. When you feel overwhelmed by a song and riff repeater isn't enough to make sense of it, it sometimes helps to be able to look at the tablature. With this tool, you can. The output is stored in Guitar Pro format. If you do not own Guitar Pro 5/6, there are several free alternatives which can open gp5 and gpx files, including TuxGuitar (http://tuxguitar.com.ar, they finally released a new version yesterday!), MuseScore (https://musescore.org) and PowerTab 2 (https://github.com/powertab/powertabeditor).

It's been one year and a half since I released the first version of RocksmithToTab. Today, I finally finished the milestone release v1.0. It features a number of bugfixes as well as usability improvements. For more information, please visit the website at http://www.rocksmithtotab.de. You can download the latest release over at FossHub: http://code.fosshub.com/RocksmithToTab/downloads/

If you find any bugs or problems with this version, please head over to the issue tracker at https://github.com/fholger/RocksmithToTab/issues. You can also post here, but it's easier for me to keep track of the problems if you report them in the tracker :)

(Old thread: http://customsforge.com/topic/10411-rocksmith-to-guitar-pro-exporter-v099-released-now-with-mac-support-and-gui/)

• Like 18

Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter: http://www.rocksmithtotab.de

You even thought about ignoring metronome tracks, awesome! :D

Now I've got one question left: Can I find a complete list of all available options for the filename template somewhere?

Could you please post it here and / or add it to the readme?

Once more: Thank you for this awesome piece of software!

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really cool tool to have. Thanks for all the work you've put into this!

Not sure if you're aware, but the there seems to be a bit of bug with 12/8 time signatures. It mistakenly exports them as 12/4 instead.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Unfortunately, Rocksmith tracks only reveal the nominator, not the denominator, of the time signature. So I implemented some guessing into the program, but it doesn't really work too well. I might try and see if I can improve the behaviour a little, but it's never going to be 100% accurate.

Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter: http://www.rocksmithtotab.de

Unfortunately, Rocksmith tracks only reveal the nominator, not the denominator, of the time signature. So I implemented some guessing into the program, but it doesn't really work too well. I might try and see if I can improve the behaviour a little, but it's never going to be 100% accurate.

Ah, ok. That makes sense.

Maybe there would be a way for you to create some logic such as - "if the nominator is 6 (or 12), then change the denominator to 8." 6/8 and 12/8 are much more common than 6/4 and 12/4, so it'd at least be a step in the right direction.

Thanks again for the work that you've done so far!

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

That's one of the limitations EOF ran into for RS import as well. As a workaround, I added logic in the Dec 24, 2015 hotfix so that the created XML files defines a text event for each time signature change (in the format of "TS:#/#"). For newer custom songs, you can check the chart for these events.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What if you don't WANT to convert every song in the RS folder? I only want one song, so I created a directory and put it in there, but the program keeps saying that it's not my Rocksmith directory, and I'm like "duh!". ;)

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for this VERY USEFUL tool.

It is great to have possibility to work on the tabs in // with Rocksmith.

Once again, we will never say it enought : THANKS FOR THE JOB !!!  

By the way, I have seen some question about list of option for the produced file names :

here is what I have found :

{artist} - {title} - {album} - {year} - {archive} - {version}

==> Adding field in file name help to avoid missing charts (2 DLC on the same song will be kept with this details, while you will get only one with a simplified filename such as {artist} - {title}

• 3 months later...

Hi man, I first of want to thank you, I use your tool alot, especially when I make CDLC from text tab or YT covers. And then I can share the .gp files with the original creators ^^

I'd like to give you some feedback tho:

Can you add a function where we can convert 1 song at a time? 

(I thought I found this when I saw the ''Export Guitar Pro'' button in EoF, but that just opens the RocksmithToTab and then starts working on the whole collection)

Cause atm the converter does my whole library and that takes a while, when all I want is the new song I just made :P

(what I do now is: move all my cdlc out of the rocksmith map, run converter, then put them back, which seems unneccesarilly much work just to get 1 tab)

EDIT: allright I'm now reading the changelog, and noticed you made a 'batch-process' function, I'll check it out, maybe this fullfills my needs ^^

EDIT 2: using v1.1 and I can't chose any directory I want, I wanted to see if I can put my CDLC project directory in there, (to just convert 1 .psarc, but that then gives the error, can't find the songs.psarc)

• Like 1

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

• Administrator

@@PyroBillie You can just drag and drop the file you want the tab for on the RocksmithToTab.exe (not the GUI one) to convert only the file you drop on it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@PyroBillie You can just drag and drop the file you want the tab for on the RocksmithToTab.exe (not the GUI one) to convert only the file you drop on it.

Ooooh that's nice, thank you ^^

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic