Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 116

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I like how mc bass suddenly ramped up, even though I've yet to post a score... :P

Should I be preparing for a master mode run?

That is the spirit, boys - yeah

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@albatross213 you know as well as I do that I haven't even played it yet(assuming you look at the score attack leaderboards for me)

Doubt I'll get a good run in this week

Oh and @@rman the Ohio thing was American football related, my hometown team lost in a .....frustrating....matter. So I feel as if Ohio needs a champion in some sort.

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Interesting round this week - going from an old song from the American Civil War to something that is more of a musical happening, with Latin text. I love this competition and enjoy learning about your musical adventures...!

Here are my results:

Lead INT - 98.43%

24400431135_9f2a8dcc96.jpg

Rhythm INT - 96.81%

23772239644_5bedb717ea.jpg

Bass MC - 95.66%

24400421795_498ab18070.jpg

BTW - I bow my head in respect for my fellow Bass MC competitors... :-)

• Like 4

Problems with Rocksmith registering? Don't bother - remember the wise words of Yngwie Malmsteen:

"Use your ears; If it sounds good, then it is good!"

No Riff Repeater practice for me tonight.  I've decided the song is just too fast for me, and I need to JFDI (as we say in work), so I went straight in, and tonight's small improvement:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKRndkQzhMaTRMUnc/view?usp=sharing

As an aside, not only has this place introduced me to Volbeat, but tonight I played Nirvana "Come as You Are", repeatedly (another D Standard tuning).  I like Nirvana a lot more now than I did before… :)

• Like 5

@@albatross213 you know as well as I do that I haven't even played it yet(assuming you look at the score attack leaderboards for me)

So, no underhanded last minute surprises this week?  :ph34r:

@@fiddlesticks - I'm trying to understand why I score so much better than you on songs that we 100%. You clearly have pretty good technique based on how many songs you're able to hit 100% on on guitar, and I imagine that also means your timing is pretty good (and what Rocksmith detects definitely isn't perfect for me, particularly for runs of repeated notes). Could it have something to do with the short scale bass leading to notes not being registered immediately, or something? Could the audio and visual stuff not be calibrated perfectly?

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@fiddlesticks - I'm trying to understand why I score so much better than you on songs that we 100%. You clearly have pretty good technique based on how many songs you're able to hit 100% on on guitar, and I imagine that also means your timing is pretty good (and what Rocksmith detects definitely isn't perfect for me, particularly for runs of repeated notes). Could it have something to do with the short scale bass leading to notes not being registered immediately, or something? Could the audio and visual stuff not be calibrated perfectly?

Don't forget that a slow computer makes the game stutter and throw the timing off.  I had that problem until a week ago.

• Like 4

@@albatross213 there's a couple of reasons for this, unfortunately one of them isn't @@MaZtoR 's suggestion - rocksmith runs flawlessly on my pc, I have a splitter cable to run my own audio for zero audio latency and I've adjusted the video lag setting to improve that as well.

I generally only play bass song until I hit the 100% mark and then move on - only so many hours in the day and so many songs to learn !

In other words I learn the notes, not necessarily the song if that makes sense.

Also I play primarily with a plec, but I am learning to play with fingers (slowly!) and I tend to get higher scores when I've used that technique on the beginner songs - that might have something to do it.

Or it could just be the fact that the you're a much better player than I am :)

• Like 1

@@fiddlesticks - I suppose it could be something like that. I'm just a bit surprised, because on things that multiple people can 100% I often get my ass handed to me, though I think at least some of that is due to my "repeated notes" issues, which definitely isn't in play for most of Ars Moriendi (like, there's the very beginning of the intro, a few small streaks of Fs, and then the outro are all that come to mind).

Edit: Confirmed Megadeth 5-pack! A Tout Le Monde is in, but what are you guys hoping for in the rest of the pack? I'd definitely say Peace Sells and Holy Wars should be in there, Tornado of Souls would also be awesome. I wouldn't say no to the songs we've played in here recently either, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the songs was a new single given the timing of this.

Edited by albatross213

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

MC bassists nah I wont be shady, I'm trying to be a good competitor this year(even though i was sitting on a 94.5% on Fatal Illusion, but I knew I was going to do a better run later which i did, maybe  @@Rodman can teach me the benefits of the spam).

but yeah i havent even had a chance to listen to the song, let alone try and turn around a 100% thats taken you guys 6 days to pull off. I wanted to be vague to push you more this week but eh...

and knowing albatross, I know itll take me longer than a day to pull off a 100% run

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Don't forget that a slow computer makes the game stutter and throw the timing off.  I had that problem until a week ago.

I have that issue. It has taught me to hit notes early to be honest. Going to have to switch to the kids computer I think. I built him a nice one. Mine is OLD!

• Like 1

some improvements tonight

http://up.picr.de/24291764jy.jpg

http://up.picr.de/24291766vu.jpg

http://up.picr.de/24291774tz.jpg

http://up.picr.de/24291780ba.jpg

http://up.picr.de/24291782il.jpg
  • Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@then3verend - ah thx for the ohio headsup. As much pain timezones are for you at CS weekends/starts, for me is for the NFL broadcasts. Unwatchable live when you have to get up 6am monday morning.

So - as every year it is gonna be the superbowl only again, at least this is gonna be a blast with a couple of old friend that i too meet once every year.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Couple more percents apiece to tie off this week. I think I could 100% Mr Bungle if I spent one more day on it. Got pretty close in the end, so I'm satisfied!

http://i.imgur.com/IEiHtfO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zIKE9UE.jpg

• Like 5

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Hi everyone,

This week I'm back in Advanced and this is my score: 97.26 %

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=601619928

Quite a wierd song, but somehow I like it. I get the most misses in the parts where you play chords very fast.

• Like 3

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

This has been an incredibly difficult week for me this week in regards to the song selections, the speed of them all was just that little too outpaced, not for the lack of trying, I have nothing to submit for int, adv or mc this week. I don't think my wrist problem at the start of the week helped but it's been better for the last 4 days or so, I could play the selections adequately at 95% speed but that extra 5% just tangled my fingers. Although I am defeated I think 95%speed is fast enough for me at this time. I'll work on the lightning speed when I have another 1000 hours played. Roll on next week! :) grats to all you guys who managed to get scores and 100%! Next year maybe I will have the pace... I was hoping I would have the pace for hysteria by this year but, alas, just out of reach :)

• Like 6

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Megadeth pack? Awesome! Holy Wars should be there, Sudden Death too. We played Five Magics so I would have no problem with that one as well. Something from Countdown to Extinction?

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures