Crackling in Speakers only when playing Rocksmith 2014

Mac66

Question

I have been playing RS for several years with no audio problems. I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 10. I have played on this system for about a month and suddenly a couple of days ago I started to experience severe crackling and distortion in my speakers. It does not occur outside of RS and it is not related to the Real Tone cord. It even occurs during the intro music. I have tried several adjustments to both my computer and to RS but nothing has helped. I am desperate and I hope that someone in the community can offer assistance. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Geez.  My first reaction was the Real Tone cable but you say that's not the issue.  Could be a driver issue?  When I switched to Windows 10 I had to update a lot of drivers.  Or try running the speaker configuration again - maybe play around with the speaker properties > levels & enhancements?  If all else fails, uninstall > reboot > reinstall??  After backing up your customs folder of course.

Good luck!

In ancient times Crackling caused by low computing power(set too high transcoding settings accelerate mode)\wrong driver setup or even Access mode to your Disk set not to DMA2 or better

so it may be RS settings, you can check against your old rs setup and new one, compare RT cable settings in both and Rocksmith.ini
if there's no differences between them you may want to check if there's installed drivers and google that it's not win10 issue(which could be, it's just born baby, huh)

I sure issue is bad work system win10 for real-time process. Need increase size and (or) the count buffers in rocksmith.ini.

Personally i, after update to win10, had same problem, after adjusting buffers got good sounds , but i had enough big latency (if to compare with win7), so i did roll-back to win7.

There was a Window 10 update recently (I got it just after Xmas) that basically reset all my audio on my pc.

Sound panel got reset (all the extra bass and fake surround settings in my control panel), Bandicam recording settings got reset to default, MIDI was all reset to default and it actually fixed an issue I was having with some USB ports.

My Rocksmtih was ot effected, I guess, because I always run it on "default" anyway.

What I am trying to say is that if yuo did anything to the new Win10 pc when you first got it (to make Rocksmith run better or othewise) do it again.

Failing that the first setting I'd expermient with is Audio Exclusivity.  Try it on and off.

Thanks to everyone with these suggestions.  I rolled back a windows update and things worked perfectly until I shut down RS and went back into it. Some slight crackling returned then. Windows 10 seems to be a complete disaster to the sound components used by RS.

Hey I had the same problem for the longest time, except my game would move in slow motion along with the crackling noise.

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4285/sound-problems-with-rocksmith-2014/kA030000000ebmJCAQ

I fixed it by editing the Rocksmith.ini file and setting the Win32UltraLowLatencyMode to 0. The game works now but none of my CDLC works :/ one problem at a time tho right?

EDIT: Ok turns out the reason the CDLC wasn't working was because I had reinstalled Rocksmith 2014 awhile ago to try and fix the weird problem you and I had and I forgot to redownload the D3DX9_42 file lol, everything works fine now.