Followed tutorials but CDLC still not working

LanceLongstiff

Question

EDIT : I missed the part about adding a symlink since I have Rocksmith installed on a drive that isn't the boot drive. I can't try it right now but I'll bet that will fix it.

Hi, I got my Rocksmith 2014 cable today (so I'm sorry for asking for help on my first post but I've not been here before), but I'm having trouble getting the CDLC working.

I've followed stellarfirefly's guide on installing CDLC

I've got D3DX9_42.dll in the Rocksmith 2014 folder

I've bought the Cherub Rock official DLC

The tracks that I've tried (the ones that come with the game) have worked fine. The CDLC tracks appear in the track list and I can hear them. When I select them it then goes to the guitar tuning screen and everything works as expected. But when the guitar's tuned and it goes to the next screen it just shows the background with the 2 amps. There's no song or any notes to play.

So I then tried the Rocksmith2014_patcher.exe

I didn't sign into Uplay as I wasn't sure it was safe, but it said it would still work but without online content so I assumed that wouldn't matter. I also had to start a new profile.

Unfortunately this time the CDLC tracks didn't even appear in the track list.

So I guess my questions are:

1) Do I need to use the patcher and sign into Uplay to get it to work?

2) If it doesn't work without the patcher, is the error I've got the same one that other people experienced?

Thanks for your help.

5 answers to this question

Lance, did you ever find a solution? I've been using RS2014 since December 2013 with no problems. I used CDLC without problems for about the last year and now I'm having the same exact problem you are experiencing.  The only change to my computer is that I upgraded to Windows 10, but I don't think that is the issue as I've tried it in compatibility mode and that didn't help.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• Administrator

Clean up RS of the patcher and any D3DX9_42.dll installed first.

Make sure the game launch properly

Copy the alternate dll file (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26504831/RS2014/20150517/D3DX9_42.dll) to RS2014 root folder same place as Rocksmith2014.exe.

Launch the game => a command window should open up

i'm sure that it's safe to log in to uplay with the dll.

Know that no matter what, the cdlc will show up in the list.

This dll should work 99.99% of the time and if not, then trying the patcher might be the only option left and should work for the 0.01% that's left but i'm not aware of anyone using it to play cdlc so i'll admit i wont be able to answer the original question.

PS : Make sure to launch the game via steam interface to make it work, using the exe file in RS root folder won't work.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

So, I did get the CDLC to work.  It seems that I had some bad luck with choosing songs.  Once I repackaged them, they worked.  Although, I find it difficult to believe that four random songs all had packaging problems, but that's what got them to work.  Weird, huh?

• Administrator

Well, seems hard to believe that all 4 have an issue. Can you list the name so that we can check by ourself to see if it's consistent.

Also know that a non working custom can be report and action will be taken by the team to make sure that the record will work for everybody if possible.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity