Limits on CDLC for RS2014

HarleyM13

Question

Im not sure if I missed but didnt see a question about this. Is there a limit as to how many songs you can have as CDLC in RS2014? Since the other day when I added several CDLC to my Rocksmith 2014.....the game now when starting up always says(and never did before), "Enumerating Song List"

17 answers to this question

I have over 400 and played over 350 from them and everything works fine :)

Much faster than in RS1 and I do not have this problem that after some time RS2014 is slower, while in RS1 it was slower and slower to run the program after each day

:)

(btw: PC version)

• Like 1

I don't have that many songs on my my Mac with steam and we never shows all the songs i have, there are a bunch of songs that only appear sometimes in the game and I don't know why. Some songs appear all the time and others don't, anyone know why? :(

I have the same problem.  It helps if you re-enumerate, i.e. escape back to the Rocksmith screen (without closing the game), then press enter and go through the Uplay screens again.  A lot of the time songs that don't show up at first will appear just by doing this.  (I do this "double start" as a matter of course, these days).

I also find my limit is about 300 songs - otherwise songs that normally work won't  - the icons start to not show up, and the game generally crashes if you try to select one of them.

Needless to say, I have several dlc folders - dlc1 dlc2 etc, and just swap content into the proper dlc folder as required so that the game sees the right files.

• Administrator

@@missis sumner Crashes like that are likely happening because of conflicting ID and should be easily findable with the CFSM app.

Also you can simply activate the enumeration via entering the shop, there's no need to go back to the main menu.

There's no real issue in the number of CDLC you can have but you will be more likely to have conflicting element and enumeration time grow making the loading time extremely long quickly.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@missis sumner Crashes like that are likely happening because of conflicting ID and should be easily findable with the CFSM app.

Also you can simply activate the enumeration via entering the shop, there's no need to go back to the main menu.

There's no real issue in the number of CDLC you can have but you will be more likely to have conflicting element and enumeration time grow making the loading time extremely long quickly.

Sorry, what is the CFSM app?  Oh, Song Manager?  It only works on Windows though?

I'll try the shop though - it sounds less painful that what I'm doing at the moment. :)

Can I just say here that you have made my day. No, you have made my week. Bugger it, no - my year. Thank you for saving me hours reloading the game each time I want to make a small change to a custom. 

• Like 1

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

• Administrator

@@JamesPrestonUK Attention, modifying a file used by Rocksmith WILL cause the game to crash when trying to play that modified file! If you want to test new revision of a CDLC one thing you can do is create the new version with a different ID (with the version number) and a different file name to not overwrite the file used by Rocksmith. It will be faster than reloading the whole game every single time but still a little bit more hassle than just going into the shop ;)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Thanks @@firekorn - that makes perfect sense (and it's still less hassle than reloading the game!)

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)