Rocksmith 2014 and Surface Pro

RockNRollKid

Question

10 answers to this question

I tried it on an MS Surface 3 with Intel Atom 7 processor - It didn't work.  Even with all of the advanced video settings disabled to improve performance, the song would bog down after about one minute.

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

i play on my Surface Pro.  I tried using a hub with my 7.1 surround sound adapter plugged into my portable bose speaker. :D  It works, just lagged a little.

If i use the cable plugged into the USB port without a USB hub the game works great!   Just turn the settings down a bit, and the resolution.

Unfortunately I changed my Dell on this top-of-the-line Microsoft Surface Pro (i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD), and I ended up not being able to play RS2014 at all.

First, I got a lot of crackling. After reducing the mic sensitivy on Windows to 50%, it got better. But when I plug in the RS 2014 original cable to the USB 3.0 port, the sound gets absolutely awful and one cannot hear a guitar or a bass plugged in.

I searched on the net for a sollution, but found none. Please, let me know if you find something!

what sound is it making?  does it pick up the guitar strings at all?  Try re calibrating your settings. turn your resolution down, and if your sound is coming through an hdmi that can be a problem.  I have a 7.1 surround sound adapter that goes to a pair of turtle beach x32 headset.  I use that adapter and instead of running the audio cable to the receiver for the headset.  I run it into my Portable Bose speaker.  I was told that powered 2.0 usb hub will work the most efficient for lag.  But my  POWERED USB 3.0 Hub works fine.  I have an hdmi cable that plugs into my surface and projects my screen onto my TV, (this also is how the audio is played unless you run an audio cable to the headset jack, and into either a headset, or speaker like my bose.  My set up though is the surface the hdmi converter cable (best buy) and I run an opticle cable from my TV to the DSS 7.1 surround sound adapter, and then I run the audio cable from it, into my speaker.  I just improvised with what i had and by chance it all worked..  Now as far as your issue in general.. Make sure it's not your cable.  I replaced the jack in my guitar before i found out it was the cable that needed to be fixed.  So i cut the jack off the cable, and got a new metal 90 degree jack at guitar center, and just soldered it,  you can also use electric tape. and then it never had problems again.  It sounds to me like you've got a bad guitar jack, or cable.. anyway that's how my set up is.

Hi guys, I have surface pro4 i5 256gb 8gb Ram and I am struggling with the latency, I have messed around with the "ini" file setting but still struggling , I am at work at the moment bu I think the setting are some like Latency Buffer 5 and Maxbuffersize at 576. Anything below this  the sound starts to crackle.

Starting to affect affect my enjoyment of the game , especially on songs with relatively quick strumming patterns

Anyone else using Surface pro 4 , what are you "ini" file settings

Any help would be greatly appreciated, will not be home till later on so I would be able to try any suggestions till then

• Like 2

I have the Surface pro 1, and I turned the resolution down to 1024 720 or something like that... Sometimes I'll even put it on 800 x 600, and change it on my desktop as well.. One thing you should do is if you're connecting to a TV with a converter hdmi cable.  Then set your TV to game settings if it shows it.. If not google tv specs for gaming.   I have latency ever so Often, and it pisses me off as well.. The only thing I can say is turn that resolution down more.  Aside from that go to microsoft.com  and make sure you have the latest driver updates.  I also use a powered USB HUB.  Mine is a 3.0.  But I'm told the 2.0 is the most efficient.  All in all mine is also a 16gb 64 bit.  I've never messed with the maxbuffer settings ever.. So i might fickle around with it now, and let you konw my result soon.