Toolkit Error cannot find file?

I've closely followed one of the tutorials posted here, and I have been trying to find a remedy to this error that keeps popping up when i try and generate the file.
I've made sure to install WWise 2014.1, so the other errors people get should not happen.
I also updated the toolkit to the latest version.

http://i.imgur.com/SIaPhG4.png
Any explanation as to what I am doing wrong? Or how I can fix this?
For some reason after I press the generate button, it seems to work fine and gets all the way to bank generator, and then for some reason its stops, asks me to name the file i am generating again; and I end up with another wem file. Is it because I'm running 64 bit windows?

Nope.

It's about AV and it seems something blocking toolkit from using temp folder and it may also fail to use DDC and other 3rd party tools like ww2ogg and ps3 edat tool, trry to disable av \whitelist rstk and if it fails again with some non-OS related issue come back :P

• 3 weeks later...

Nope.

It's about AV and it seems something blocking toolkit from using temp folder and it may also fail to use DDC and other 3rd party tools like ww2ogg and ps3 edat tool, trry to disable av \whitelist rstk and if it fails again with some non-OS related issue come back :P

I'm trying to complete the process of creating Rocksmith 2014 CDLC, I've got the lrc file, the wem file, and the preview, and the cover art, and the XML for Rhythm Guitar and Vocals ready, all I need is for the actual application to work.

I've got an error similar to his, but I'm on mac and it only says that the application can't find the file in /var/folders/zy/p0_33g697zd0jz2133mh7_vm0000gn/T/tmp26163814.dds

But I think I found what's wrong with the Rocksmith Song Toolkit, when the app creates a temporary file, the computer adds the file extension ".tmp" at the end, but the Rocksmith Toolkit' source code expects to find a ".dds" file extension at the end. This must be a mistake from the Devs when they made the app for mac, and it seems like even pc users have this error sometimes. I tried changing the ".tmp" to ".dds" and it works but every time that I do it, the app creates an other 3 files with the wrong file extension at the end. And there must be thousands of temp files, so editing them could take hours if not days of work. What would be more simple, would be to edit the Toolkit's Source code and search for ".dds" and change it to ".temp" so that the application will create .temp files instead of .dds files, which, I'm pretty sure might solve the entire problem. The only problem is that I don't know much about coding, so I would kind of need the help of a professional or we could send my entire post to the Rocksmith Song Toolkit Developers, for them to fix this bug that prevents mac users from finishing the Custom DLC creation. I think I've cracked the whole thing, I just need someone to do the adjustments for me. That was the error that I kept getting:

Package was generated with errors! See below:

Error generate Mac package: Could not find file

"/var/folders/zy/p0_33g697zd0jz2133mh_7vm0000gn/T/tmp26163814.dds"

You Want to open the folder in which the package was generated?

Yes              No

V%20SIG-M.gif

@ do you have Wine installed? or similar app? cuz this issue about failing to run .exe file+ someone could mention that it's Mac uot there so I already know about this limitation I could play around with tmp files, but kit should change ext for tmp file tho

@ do you have Wine installed? or similar app? cuz this issue about failing to run .exe file+ someone could mention that it's Mac uot there so I already know about this limitation I could play around with tmp files, but kit should change ext for tmp file tho

So, what should I do? install wine, make a wrapper and run it? would that work? or do you recommend I should try something else?

V%20SIG-M.gif

@ try with Wine, it should solve issue with nvdxt.exe but best results are at Win, so If you've got win somwhere near just hook it and do all RSTK things there, since mono has changed it's components and so on.

@ try with Wine, it should solve issue with nvdxt.exe but best results are at Win, so If you've got win somwhere near just hook it and do all RSTK things there, since mono has changed it's components and so on.

Thanks, now I get what you mean, I should try Wine, if wine doesn't work, I should do everything on a pc. I'm testing wine right now and if it doesn't work, I'll use a pc.

• Like 1

V%20SIG-M.gif

Now, I've got only two questions to ask you, when wine asks me to select which exe file I want to use from the folder, which one do I choose? and do I use the Pc version of Rocksmith Song Toolkit to make the wrapper? I know how to make a wrapper, but I have no idea what to install in there. 

V%20SIG-M.gif

um, run toolkit through mono, wine should rin any exe files through it, set win xp env at wine or greater, but xp tested a lot

how do I do this? could you list the steps please?, I don't have the capabilities of a Developer like you. First, when I installed mono, there was no app I could run, just an installer(.pkg file), so how am I supposed to run the toolkit through the installer?

V%20SIG-M.gif

@ run it as usual i mean, that app file should run rstk using mono, but now exe files compiled fot PC should be able to run itself through wine, there was one guy who wrapped rstk in wineskin, but it was like 1.5 Gb :)

@ run it as usual i mean, that app file should run rstk using mono, but now exe files compiled fot PC should be able to run itself through wine, there was one guy who wrapped rstk in wineskin, but it was like 1.5 Gb :)

it didn't work, I don't have a pc, should I try running it through virtual machine, or if it isn't possible, can I send you the files so you can do it? please?, it would only take a few seconds.

V%20SIG-M.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy