mediafire issues

t4ct1c4l_j0k3r

Question

Please stop using mediafire to upload songs. Many browsers and isps are blocking mediafire links. As a result, many people including myself are not able to download songs that have been posted. Please take this into consideration when uploading new music.

Thank you in advance.

-J0k3r

18 answers to this question

Please stop using mediafire to upload songs. Many browsers and isps are blocking mediafire links. As a result, many people including myself are not able to download songs that have been posted. Please take this into consideration when uploading new music.

Thank you in advance.

-J0k3r

No one should be censored regarding internet use. Get a VPN or use a proxy like Zenmate to bybass blocks.

• Like 2

I've never heard of a mainstream (IE, Firefox, Chrome) browser blocking file hosting sites that aren't flagged for having been compromised. Can you cite any specifics? If it's just your ISP blocking it, that's not much reason to forbid using a site that works perfectly fine for almost all of this forum's users.

• Like 2

Thank you in advance.

-J0k3r

No one should be censored regarding internet use. Get a VPN or use a proxy like Zenmate to bybass blocks.

I agree 100% with the statement of internet usage being uncensored however, it is the least of my concern here.

this is straight from https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/intro

Security

DNS is vulnerable to various kinds of spoofing attacks that can "poison" a nameserver's cache and route its users to malicious sites. The prevalence of DNS exploits means that providers have to frequently apply server updates and patches. In addition, open DNS resolvers are vulnerable to being used to launch denial-of-service (DoS) attacks on other systems. To defend against such attacks, Google has implemented several recommended solutions to help guarantee the authenticity of the responses it receives from other nameservers, and to ensure our servers are not used for launching DoS attacks. Besides full support of the DNSSEC protocol, these include adding entropy to requests, rate-limiting client traffic, and more.

In addition, Google Public DNS may not resolve certain domains if we believe this is necessary to protect Google’s users from security threats.

This is beginning to be implemented to combat malicious hackers and internet piracy as they are soon to be labeled under the premise of a "security threat" and will be accelerated across many other current and planned future platforms.

I've never heard of a mainstream (IE, Firefox, Chrome) browser blocking file hosting sites that aren't flagged for having been compromised. Can you cite any specifics? If it's just your ISP blocking it, that's not much reason to forbid using a site that works perfectly fine for almost all of this forum's users.

Comcast is ISP. Firefox and IE browsers both having issues with links.

Comcast is ISP. 

Comcast is well known for blocking sites, especially filesharing sites.  Might be time to look into changing providers.

granted, however comcast is not the problem. i have tried this on more than one broadband system with the same result. mediafire is the only one that has been nixed for downloads.

• Administrator

You are the only one telling us about that issue and none of the mod/admin ever had any issue like yours concerning Mediafire.

Does using a VPN allow you to download? If it does, then the issue is between you and their server (your ISP controlling most of the important gate on that road).

Browser won't be part of the issue and neither will it be Mediafire as the site works fine right now and if in doubt : http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/mediafire.com.html

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I'm not in Europe, so I'll take my $5 as well.  

Also, I am both a Mac and PC user.  And as far as the internet is concerned, there is no difference between the two operating systems.  Operating system and file structure have no impact on the internet.   Your browser is simply compiling the HTML code it receives from the server.

In fact, most sites are hosted on UNIX based servers.  (Mac is built on UNIX, fyi.  Windows is NT based.)

The problem is with you and your ISP, and/or your router.

Browser, OS, and MediaFire are not the problem.  And location has nothing to do with it either, unless you live in China (which is well-known for censoring the internet).

• Like 2

• Administrator

That kind of bet will ruin you quickly... (not a mac user).

Instead of going agaisnt those who are trying to help you with option and ideas (and insight on how those things works), you could just try some of those option and report your findings.

If you can proove that it's your browser that is causing the issue sure, but we all highly doubt that you will be able to do so and wasting time on it isn't in anyone interest (especcially you).

Also insulting us on how knowledgeable we might be on the difference between MAC and PC (which is off topic by the way) will get you nowhere near your goal of solving your issue ;)

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tblhvvkcokrihdc/Acrassicauda_Message-From-Baghdad_v1_DD_p.psarc

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

i don not have a problem downloading from any other website. cache has been cleared. firefox has been reset. comcast has been called and say that they do not block outgoing connections because of an act of congress forbidding them to.

Just because they aren't blocking your HTTP get request to Mediafire doesn't mean your ISP isn't interfering with return traffic. If you don't try a proxy server to prove that your ISP isn't at fault, there's nothing much else to be done. I don't recall seeing any of this forum's other members, which are numerous, mentioning this problem at all.