READ before posting an issue ... Official CFSM Beta

cozy1

• Developer

Here is the pinned link to the latest CFSM Beta Installer.

Make sure you are running this beta release before submitting issue/bug reports.

Additional info about the beta release can be found here.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Go to "Programs" folder "CustomsForge Song Manager" "Uninstall CustomsForge Song Manager Beta" and click on it.

Next re download the installer from the link in the first post.  (I have confirmed that latest beta build is working and installed properly and ran on my machine).

After the download completes, run the CFSMSetup.exe program (click on it)

When your firewall, antivirus ask if it is OK for CFSMSetup.tmp to connect to internet "Deny" it one time.

Let the installer perform full installation.

Look in your 'Programs" folder "CustomsForge Song Manager" "CustomsForge Song Manager Beta" and click it to run the program.

Please report back if program works for you.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

That link is no longer good.  I get a webpage is not available.

I have the cfsmsetup.exe  program and it does run, but I get the screen that shows my old version to the new version, tries to download all the setup files, but when it gets to that cfm_1.1.2.9_setup.exe, it aborts and says that the download terminated.  It asks me to retry, but it will not download.  Yes I did uninstall the previous version like you suggested.

• Developer

Maybe server was bogged when you tried but the link is valid.  Keep trying.  Here is the pinned link to the latest CFSM Beta Release Installer.

Looks like you are using IPV6.  This could be problem.  Try IPV4 if you don't have success with current IPV6.

• Developer

Thanks for the help would have been sufficient.

• Developer

@@JJJ

Uninstall any old versions of CFSM if you have them.  Follow these instructions if you don't know how to uninstall the program.

Confirmed that you have .NET 4.0.30319 installed.   It should be installed first.

You need to be logged into Win7 as an Administrator to run CFSMSetup.exe.

When you run CFSMSetup.exe installer did you leave checkbox 'Create a desktop icon' checked?

Make sure your antivirus is not blocking the installer.

I just tried latest beta installer on my Win7 machine and it runs fine as long I do the above.

Keep trying. 

• 4 months later...
  • Developer

The site is currently being upgraded.  Looks like the CFSM beta server is down.  @@firekorn @@ZagatoZee care to enlighten us?

• Administrator

The site is currently being upgraded.  Looks like the CFSM beta server is down.  @@firekorn @@ZagatoZee care to enlighten us?

Can you try now?

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Developer

@@Unleashed2k @@ZagatoZee @darcturlee 

Thanks guys.  CFSM beta server link is working again.

• 1 year later...
  • Developer

• 2 years later...

Hi people.
Since yesterday I realized that my CFSM is not working :(  (v 1.5.8.1)
I've tried a full reinstall but the problem is still here.
When it loads, a box appears with:
"Please Read This Important Message Completely...
The file or folder is corrupted and ineligible.
Please send us the debug.log file if you need help. Open log file now?"
And it closes itself.

I tried to reinstall DotNet too, but Windows says that is not possible because it is already there.
Follow my log:

[2020/07/25 13:05:56]: ==== This is the start of a new CFSM run log =====
[2020/07/25 13:05:58]: Found Steam RS2014 Installation Directory in Registry ...
[2020/07/25 13:06:09]: Validated RS2014 Installation Directory: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014
[2020/07/25 13:06:09]: <WARNING> 'Validate D3DX9_42.dll' checkbox is disabled ...
[2020/07/25 13:06:09]: <WARNING> 'Auto Quarantine' is disabled ...
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: GetVersionInfo made a good connection with the server ...
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: CustomsForgeSongManager.exe [1.5.8.1] does not need updating ...
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: + CustomsForge Song Manager (v1.5.8.1 - PC BUILD)
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: + OS Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 (64 bit)
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: + .NET Framework (v4.0.30319.42000)
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: + CultureInfo (pt-BR)
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: + Current Local DateTime [25/07/2020 13:06:10]
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: + Current UTC DateTime [25/07/2020 16:06:10]
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: + RocksmithToolkitLib (v2.9.2.1-4fe239f9) [27/02/2020 18:35:45]
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: + Dynamic Difficulty Creator (v3.6)
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: + App.config Status (Load Successful)
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: + System Display DPI Setting (96)
[2020/07/25 13:06:10]: + System Display Screen Scale Factor (100%)
[2020/07/25 13:06:11]: Populating SongManager GUI ...
[2020/07/25 13:06:11]: Loaded File: appSettings.xml
[2020/07/25 13:06:11]: Saved File: dgvSongsMaster.xml
[2020/07/25 13:06:14]: Populating Settings GUI for dgvSongsMaster ...
[2020/07/25 13:06:14]: <WARNING> Did not find file so created new default file: dgvSongsMaster.xml
[2020/07/25 13:06:14]: Loaded File: dgvSongsMaster.xml
[2020/07/25 13:06:15]: Customize CFSM Settings options before returning to Song Manager ...
[2020/07/25 13:06:15]: SongManagerFilter Available: None
[2020/07/25 13:06:15]: Song Manager GUI Activated ...
[2020/07/25 13:06:20]: Validated RS2014 Installation Directory: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014
[2020/07/25 13:06:20]: Reloaded Modified Column Settings: dgvSongsMaster
[2020/07/25 13:06:20]: Saved File: dgvSongsMaster.xml
[2020/07/25 13:06:20]: Saved CFSM Settings ... 
[2020/07/25 13:06:20]: Saved File: dgvSongsMaster.xml
[2020/07/25 13:06:20]: <ERROR> Application.ThreadException
Source: mscorlib
Target: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
System.IO.IOException: O arquivo ou pasta está corrompido e ilegível.

em System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   em System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.AddSearchableDirsToStack(SearchData localSearchData)
   em System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   em System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   em System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   em CustomsForgeSongManager.LocalTools.Worker.FilesList(String filePath, Boolean includeRS1Pack, Boolean includeRS2014BaseSongs, Boolean includeCustomPacks)
   em CustomsForgeSongManager.UControls.SongManager.Rescan(Boolean fullRescan)
   em CustomsForgeSongManager.UControls.SongManager.UpdateToolStrip()
   em CustomsForgeSongManager.Forms.frmMain.LoadSongManager()
   em CustomsForgeSongManager.Forms.frmMain.tcMain_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
   em System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

[2020/07/25 13:06:35]: Validated RS2014 Installation Directory: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014
[2020/07/25 13:06:35]: Reloaded Modified Column Settings: dgvSongsMaster
[2020/07/25 13:06:35]: Saved File: dgvSongsMaster.xml
[2020/07/25 13:06:35]: Saved CFSM Settings ... 
[2020/07/25 13:06:35]: Populating About GUI ...
[2020/07/25 13:16:22]: Saved File: dgvSongsMaster.xml
[2020/07/25 13:16:22]: <ERROR> Application.ThreadException
Source: mscorlib
Target: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
System.IO.IOException: O arquivo ou pasta está corrompido e ilegível.

em System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   em System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.AddSearchableDirsToStack(SearchData localSearchData)
   em System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   em System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   em System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   em CustomsForgeSongManager.LocalTools.Worker.FilesList(String filePath, Boolean includeRS1Pack, Boolean includeRS2014BaseSongs, Boolean includeCustomPacks)
   em CustomsForgeSongManager.UControls.SongManager.Rescan(Boolean fullRescan)
   em CustomsForgeSongManager.Forms.frmMain.LoadSongManager()
   em CustomsForgeSongManager.Forms.frmMain.tcMain_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
   em System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I will appreciate any help.

The error says the one of your folders is unreadable and/ or corrupted.

Is your D:\ drive a physical drive in your computer, or is it a network / drive share? Is it hosted in the cloud?