Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 115

Motive

@@Vodka In fact 2 weeks without a song in a class should not happen, but we really lack songs in beginner class.

Song Selection Class commands you to post your selections (difficulty ratings are really useful, so put them there even when you're not sure).

I don't want to be smashed by fellow Organizer, but damn! Mustaine sounds so awful that I rather listen to some Sylosis growl's. But at least it's not pop-fest Super Collider.

I honestly do not know any easy guitar songs yet. When I find some though, I will be sure to post

• Like 1

@@Mortalo - Sorry, the only songs that I know of that are easy, I have already spent lots of time playing, and that doesn't seem fair.

Hard work on the practice tonight, I'm now working with small, small margins, and trying to get it all together in one run is really hard.  Anyway, a small improvement -

Beginner Lead - 92.02%

d3l4vm4o907xedv6g.jpg

• Like 7

Some updates on Blackened.

Lead:

http://i.imgur.com/GTyZbOO.jpg

More motivation for @@Gamut to hit 90%. Don't know why I did it in learn a song.

Rhythm:

http://i.imgur.com/8PWHr4P.jpg

Picking pattern on the signature riff still seems pretty awkward to me. It's a little too fast/string switchy for me to downpick comfortably (and on rhythm), but alternate and economy picking also gets my hand tied up every so often.

• Like 7

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@Mortalo - Sorry, the only songs that I know of that are easy, I have already spent lots of time playing, and that doesn't seem fair.

it doesn't matter how often you already have played a song. Feel free to add it to the list. If we didn't have played it here before there is no matter to avoid a song if it fits the requirements.

@@NoonyDeloony, don't hurt yourself. It have to be comfortable to you. Those low hanging guitars are almost just want's to look cool, but in the long run you may get back trouble of this.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@ You should choose Eye of the Beholder as it's the lightest song from that album :lol: For long time I couldn't get used to new (aged) Hetfield vocals (Death Magnetic) but it quite hooked me in after playing those songs in Guitar Hero. But then my dear friend, Metallica is my favorite band of all time, and I love whole ReLoad (and we're never gonna play any St. Anger songs here, as long as I am the Organizer :angry: ). Still it's Kill'Em'All and Ride the Lightining forever.

I like Dave's vocals since 90s and Rust in Peace. He sounds really good on Countdown to Extinction. I don't how anyone can question that. But I didn't felt that power on that Dystopia song.

And to end this interesting topic about best metal bands of all time. Someone had to make some sacrifices, and we all will agree that Hetfield was the better choice to sing those ballads (can you imagine Mustaine singing Fade to Black in '84?).

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

it doesn't matter how often you already have played a song. Feel free to add it to the list. If we didn't have played it here before there is no matter to avoid a song if it fits the requirements.

@@NoonyDeloony, don't hurt yourself. It have to be comfortable to you. Those low hanging guitars are almost just want's to look cool, but in the long run you may get back trouble of this.

I was mostly exaggerating about the low slung guitar but I did need to reposition so instead of it being on my lap it was more to my side and putting less stress on my shoulder by putting the weight on my chair. Playing the nut end of the neck tends to hurt my shoulder when there is a repetitive pattern from the first to third fret at speed :) but yes, absolutely I will be careful. I've always thought it looked rather hilarious than cool playing the bass so close to the ground :D

• Like 1

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Haha, I should probably listen to some Megadeth albums, not only some hand picked songs :lol: It looks like that time with Metallica truly benefited Mustaine, as he could learn from James and Cliff ;)

And yes, I don't care about music genre as long as there are some great guitars... or Emily Hines :D

And lastly, sorry, but I have to nail you @ - the biggest difference between Metallica and Megadeth is that, when Metallica makes pop songs, they're big hits, but when Megadeth does Super Collider, it's just a  garbage no one lstens to :lol: (yes, I still can't forget that someone insulted Megadeth with that selection  :angry:  )

@@Mortalo I`d recommend to you have read book - autobiography  by Mustane, you find many interesting facts about Metallica in the begin career and of course  Megadeth. It very interestin book. And many know, that first album of Metallica, which give good start and success to Metallica, most a songs wrote Mustane. Second album used only some riffs (spider chords) by Mustain and copy paste style of first album, so success Metallice at satrt also was very depend early work of Mustain. And no any credits to Mustain of  Metallica, great men :)

About "big hits", next step to style Justin Biber, yet more sells, yet more success  :D

• Like 2

http://i67.tinypic.com/294tkyr.jpg

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Mortalo I`d recommend to you have read book - autobiography  by Mustane, you find many interesting facts about Metallica in the begin career and of course  Megadeth. It very interestin book. And many know, that first album of Metallica, which give good start and success to Metallica, most a songs wrote Mustane. Second album used only some riffs (spider chords) by Mustain and copy paste style of first album, so success Metallice at satrt also was very depend early work of Mustain. And no any credits to Mustain of  Metallica, great men :)

About "big hits", next step to style Justin Biber, yet more sells, yet more success  :D

I actually have that book, and i read it a long time ago!

I remember when he started to talk about the argentinian fans, when we sang every single riff and lyric from every song, he was amazed, and he love us for that! 

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

a late and first run on Clutch, great song

http://up.picr.de/24224419wv.jpg

I played any riffs in other positions what is more comfortable and probably original. Most of the riffs inthe 5th position on mainly e, b , g and some with D strings I play the 10th position b, g, D and A string. That needs only 2 (3) fingers and plays more smooth and it sounds better there. @@albatross213, know what I mean? If you want I take some screenshots. 

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@ - Do you mean the left pattern instead of the right pattern?

http://i.imgur.com/LhHv7yG.png

Definitely would be easier.

Also, I was thinking about the verse riff, and I'm thinking I probably misunderstood the slide on the chord notated in the GP file. I think it's a slide-in rather than a slide out to the next chord. I'm hearing a pitch change between when the first chord is cut off and the second starts.

• Like 1

exactly, also at the Intro and the part with those double bend right before the outro whent it goes to the unison bend at 15th position.

The chords I noticed only one time where I thought heared it 2 times the G5 at 10th position instead a slidefrom F5 to G5, Need to listen to that again.

Hi everyone,

I'm coming back from quiet a long brake (seems like 97 had been my last week). While I was finishing my studies I couldn't keep up anymore :-) But now I'm done, and I'm looking forward to participating regulary, again!

Having one go at Iron Maiden made me question whether I really was "advanced" before my brake, so instead I went with Intermediate... but it looks like next week will be Advanced, anyway^^

Intermediate Lead: 99.11%

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=596132451

Cheers, and have a nice weekend!

• Like 7

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

I was just looking at this and one of my favourite beginner level songs is Halestorm - I miss the misery, but when I looked it's been on before back in week 23.  In fact apparently I submitted a score, although in the bottom half of the table :-) 

Looking at the beginner participants in week 23 though, Myself and @@MaZtoR were the only participants at the time, MaZtor is no longer in beginner class, and I'd be happy to focus on intermediate that week.

I guess what I was wondering is if we are short of songs, why we wouldn't recycle some of the early beginner songs, especially the ones that were good, when none or very few of the participants have played it before in the championship.

• Like 3

@@diddie17 Haha, I was thinking about participating that week (Halestorm), but that song is crap :lol: and I waited 'till Metric :wub:

There are still some good beginner songs out there, but not many rhythms (all I can think off are The Go-Go's).

Also, I was thinking about the verse riff, and I'm thinking I probably misunderstood the slide on the chord notated in the GP file. I think it's a slide-in rather than a slide out to the next chord. I'm hearing a pitch change between when the first chord is cut off and the second starts.

When I only listen to that I hear G5 G5 with a rest in between, no pitch change.

• Like 1

When I only listen to that I hear G5 G5 with a rest in between, no pitch change.

Yeah, I realized that. I think it's something with the keys or bass changing that made me think it was changing. It's actually a big slide up from the tail end of the Bb to the the Gs, which are all played at the 15th fret. I'll be posting a thoroughly reworked version for the guitars soon.

• Like 1