Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 115

Motive

ROBOT LORDS OF TOKYO SMILE TASTE KITTENS (I just had to use all caps for that link because I might never type that gem again)

A couple of screen shots disappeared into the great bit bucket in the cloud, so just trust me on these ones:

Hanging on the Telephone on bass 100%

Stay Clean on bass 97%

Edit - I forgot to mention, on 10001110101, I transposed everything to play between the nut and 6th fret.  I'd rather skip strings than move along the neck.

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Here are some scores and comments:

MC Bass: A lot of messed up slides in the chart. Pretty much all of the slides down from the 7th fret E should be unpitched slides. This happens especially in the pre/post verse riff but also once under the solo with the part where you're playing lots of 5ths.

Also, something sounded during the first verse or the pre-verse before that Edit: @@Nacholede I think it's measure 62, timestamp ~1:27 into the multitracks audio. In the song audio they're definitely playing G's, and while Lead has G power chords, rhythm and bass are chugging out E's during that measure.

Adv Lead: What asshole puts extra phrases into a song without DD?  :angry:

MC Rhythm: Only real comment is that with everything turned up, this song is ridiculously loud when playing guitar. Also I can hear the bass sometimes  :P

MC Lead: This stuff is all tapping, right? Either that or Kirk's got some really long pinkies.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 6

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@diddie17 wow, I did not expect that so it will be difficult. Sorry.

It might not be, it might just be that all of the alcohol that I've had over Christmas has settled in my fingers  :).  How the other beginners do will tell us if it's just me.

I'm ok to keep going on it though, getting the speed up is part of learning.  

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

failure? :)

nope, i´m ok with tat first

http://i66.tinypic.com/34ffof4.jpg

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

better

http://i64.tinypic.com/2web3sx.jpg

• Like 7

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

First goes:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKeThmdGJSQ0xEY0k/view?usp=sharing

(First go today, anyway.  I have played it before).

I somehow managed to forget where my eighth and tenth fret are:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKTmlvRDVuLUZxQmM/view?usp=sharing

This one I'm really pleased with, since I didn't have a clue what I was playing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKT0hOT0h5TXVpUFU/view?usp=sharing

• Like 4

It might not be, it might just be that all of the alcohol that I've had over Christmas has settled in my fingers  :).  How the other beginners do will tell us if it's just me.

I had the same feeling that you @@diddie17 with this song : before my first try I thinked that it would be easy but rapidly my smile disappeared from my face...

I am today confortable at the speed of 75%, and I'm not sure I will be able to play this song at 100% before next saturday. But I like this song and I'll try to practice more than usual.

So good work and good luck to the beginners ! :) To be continued...

• Like 2

Re-downloaded Motorhead but it's still not working for me :( no idea what's going on with it, no notes, nothing :(

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Half a mind to double up baby, Three times is jive  - one or two of the slices in the very last section didn't register dammit.

I tried playing is on the travel bass and could never beat 98%.  The short scale will take some more practice time to adjust.

• Like 2

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Thanks @ for the links, I'll try those shortly...

Now, dancing badly to Clutch :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=592145212

Still really bad at those bends at the end there but, what I lack in substance I clearly make up for with style! HAH! pthrrrrbt! :P

Oh yes, and I know I'm not in the Clutch bass category but I like the song, A LOT! So n'yer!

• Like 14

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

I had the same feeling that you @@diddie17 with this song : before my first try I thinked that it would be easy but rapidly my smile disappeared from my face...

I am today confortable at the speed of 75%, and I'm not sure I will be able to play this song at 100% before next saturday. But I like this song and I'll try to practice more than usual.

So good work and good luck to the beginners ! :) To be continued...

Thanks @@Sebastien92.

I've put some more time into it tonight, but I'm not going to submit another score unless I get much better.  Right now, any improvement would be because I just get lucky thrashing away, and by chance happen to hit more notes than previously.

I'll keep practising, but realistically, there is no way I will sensibly be able to play this within a week, neither my fingers or my brain work quickly enough  :)

• Like 1

Thanks @ for the links, I'll try those shortly...

Now, dancing badly to Clutch :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=592145212

Still really bad at those bends at the end there but, what I lack in substance I clearly make up for with style! HAH! pthrrrrbt! :P

Oh yes, and I know I'm not in the Clutch bass category but I like the song, A LOT! So n'yer!

My couple of misses on this song were also on the bends on the G, except that I play the  on the D string instead of the A string.

BTW, almost all of your slides are flagged as "early".  They don't break your streak, though.  I'll have to start making videos to go and look for places needing improvement.  I downloaded Open Broadcaster, like you suggested over on TalkBass.  I just need to get around to figuring out how to use it.

• Like 1

Yup they're early as most of the time my slides don't register if I try dead on the note, plus my timing still needs lots of work :) it's not gone unnoticed, I just don't mind at this stage as I see improvement each week and I'm sure my timing will improve eventually... It has kinda improved a bit since this time last year :D

• Like 2

@@2groggy, @@NoonyDeloony - Slides after sustains almost always register as "early", because when the game looks for the start of the slide the sustain is (obviously) still going and thus gets detected early. It has very little to do with when you actually start the slide, or whether you start sliding early, or anything like that. On unpitched slides (where the game only seems to track that you're in the right frequency range for any part of the slide) you can keep your fretting hand anchored and it will still say "early".

You can probably get perfects if you cut the sustain off and then play a new note where the "hidden" note head is, but obviously that won't sound like what's actually played.

As for bends, the main thing is probably to practice with your ear or the chromatic tuner, and make sure you know what it feels and sounds like to bend from a G to an A in that position, and get in in your muscle memory. The other thing is that bend note detection only seems to care about getting the starting and ending pitch somewhere during the sustain. Use that information as you wish.

• Like 4

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

How exciting when the slightest amount of progress is made when playing one of your favorite songs from your favorite band. Monday morning after slamming my alarm shut with both fists I will have thoughts of playing this song at night to keep me sane.

Strange that without DD my yellow score would go up to 84%..... anyway I know it's not the one that counts.

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForge%20Championship/Week%20115%20-%20Ending%2009January2015/CF%20-%20Week%20115%20-%20Iron%20Maiden%20-%20Alexander%20The%20Great%20-%20Lead%20-%20Attempt%202_zpsptbmw2a7.png

• Like 7

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.