Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 115

Motive

Awesome song pick @@albatross213 . Never heard of Clutch before, but after playing 1141 (the programmers here will understand  :P ), I've now downloaded 8 of their CDLC's......all of them great fun to play. Playing them well is a different story though.

Beginners have it tough this week. I'd call Blondie a solid intermediate song. Lots of fast shuffling all over the neck.

• Like 5

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Ah... just to remind us WHY we are doing all this...

;)

• Like 9

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@Alba

Yeah, never heard of Clutch - Gaaaaaa....reat!!

I hope we have more of that coming!

Btw how long are those guys around? The song sounds so damn great old :)

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

When I saw that I was classed as advanced and had Iron Maiden on my plate, I was  bit bummed. But it turns out to be a better song than I expected (yeah, not much of a metal fan).

I was never much of a metal fan either. ;)

Actually, I'm still not much of a fan - I've never heard most of these songs before (seriously), but I do quite like playing them! 

@@2groggy, @@NoonyDeloony - Slides after sustains almost always register as "early", because when the game looks for the start of the slide the sustain is (obviously) still going and thus gets detected early. It has very little to do with when you actually start the slide, or whether you start sliding early, or anything like that. On unpitched slides (where the game only seems to track that you're in the right frequency range for any part of the slide) you can keep your fretting hand anchored and it will still say "early".

Oh great master, I've been meaning to ask, what's an unpitched slide?

I got really close to 100% (1-2 misses) on my 1st try on Blondie. But It was the same like last weeks Everlost. @ we're just way better then other kids :lol:

• Like 5

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@diddie17 wow, I did not expect that so it will be difficult. Sorry.

It might not be, it might just be that all of the alcohol that I've had over Christmas has settled in my fingers  :).  How the other beginners do will tell us if it's just me.

I'm ok to keep going on it though, getting the speed up is part of learning.  

I had the same feeling that you @@diddie17 with this song : before my first try I thinked that it would be easy but rapidly my smile disappeared from my face...

I am today confortable at the speed of 75%, and I'm not sure I will be able to play this song at 100% before next saturday. But I like this song and I'll try to practice more than usual.

So good work and good luck to the beginners ! :) To be continued...

Thanks @@Sebastien92.

I've put some more time into it tonight, but I'm not going to submit another score unless I get much better.  Right now, any improvement would be because I just get lucky thrashing away, and by chance happen to hit more notes than previously.

I'll keep practising, but realistically, there is no way I will sensibly be able to play this within a week, neither my fingers or my brain work quickly enough  :)

I practiced a little bit more too and I have stopped dreaming. I am totally awake ... I think I'll need a second brain and some more fingers to be able to play this song without frightning all my neighbours !!  :)

Adv update: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=592972185  Messed up royally on the escalator run from the 4th on the G widdley bit and a little later where I accidentally muted a bit too hard and made a sound on the G which pissed me off a bit... I love Bruce's voice in this song, it's a real anthem but the bass line is really quite dull apart from the widdley bit, that if I could pull it off, would be it's redeeming feature in enjoying playing this song... it's a class tune though :)

My friend told me earlier I had actually heard Clutch before ( Which I had an incling but wasn't quite sure.. was possibly drunk at the time.) in the local rock club we frequent and that she's been listening to that particular song on loop for the past 6 months, she also mentioned I "danced like a big bell end" then too :) I need  new friends :/

I can't seem to get Stay Clean working still but I'm going to attempt the other Lemmy tracks. Now.

• Like 5

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

In the Name of Tragedy: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=593004122 sounds A LOT better than the score looks

We Are Motorhead: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=593004024 missed a chord... sorry Lemmy :(

• Like 7

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

@@MonstaS4 I don`t know why all think that it very hard. I feel it very similar difficult as was one a song by Metric, all phrases learnable, usually base scales, no any shreds, skip strings and fast chords. My skill is bad, but i got >99% after a few plays, that usually is impossible for int a song. 

@ - You're absolutely right, there's nothing complicated about the structure of the song.  It's just the sheer speed that causes the problem for me.  I can play the song reasonably at 85-90%, but that last 10-15% is a huge difference.

It's no problem though, I'm still practising it, and learning from it, although at a lower speed level.  I'm working to miss the least notes possible at a full play through at 90% in RR  :)

• Like 4

but after playing 1141 (the programmers here will understand  :P )

There are 10 types of people on the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blondie - played this song many many times before, but once more won't hurt :)

http://s11.postimg.org/axv7tuchv/blondie_hanging_on_the_telephone_lead.png

http://s3.postimg.org/hp8k99ov7/blondie_hanging_on_the_telephone_bass.png

Clutch - new song and band for me, like it a lot. I'm finding the 10th fret A string bends on bass and the 5th fret D string bend in the solo awfully difficult to hit for some reason.

http://s8.postimg.org/g7y5tyzzp/clutch_1001_lead.png 

http://s23.postimg.org/i7b82js7f/clutch_1001_bass.png

Metallica - the mighty Blackened ! Having fun trying to learn this one, but at this stage trying is the operative word ! Just an early attempt at the bass part to share for now.

http://s18.postimg.org/vaj7numux/metallica_blackened_bass.png

And finally my tribute to Motorhead. Great band, great song.

http://s18.postimg.org/f87hpz8e1/motorhead_stay_clean_lead.png

• Like 8

Maybe the plays through at 90% are helping more than I thought.  Just before I shut down for the evening I had another go at score attack and whilst I still felt way out of my depth and like I was just thrashing around, I was surprised that I managed to get up a bit  If I keep running through at 90% speed, maybe I can get up over 80% accuracy.

Beginner Lead 75.36%

wmjz1664nte5db26g.jpg

• Like 8

For the people who struggle with the bass bends on Clutch, just to prove that they're possible:

And a score.

Like I said, trick is mostly to train your muscles and ears to know how far to go. And then when you're playing the song, maybe going a little beyond that, because the game sometimes is a little finicky and going a bit sharp seems to get better recognition (even halsb acknowledges this). Also that the tension on bass strings is pretty damn high, and because of the extra length you need to bend extra distance to get the same proportional lengthening and consequent pitch change. I'm better at "pull" bends than "push" bends so I moved this bend to the A string so you could do that more comfortably (and it would be closer to the middle of the string). A full step bend isn't easy anywhere on a bass, though.

Anyway, I'm glad people are liking Clutch. They're a really fun band (and not too difficult to play), and I highly recommend seeing them live if they tour near you (they were in NW Europe a month ago. Not sure when they'll next be out there).

Also, Deloon of Noon (@@NoonyDeloony), may I use your playthrough vid on the record page? Haven't updated it for the newer version, so I should be updating it soon anyway.

• Like 6

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@albatross213, can you help me with the settings for bandicam?  I saw the watermark on your video and downloaded and installed it.  So far, all of my cinematic masterpieces have been silent movies, which is a tad sub optimal for a music based game. 

Under game capture>video>sound ,I have checked "record sound", and "save audio tracks" (probably not technically required but shouldn't hurt), with the primary sound device as "microphone (Rocksmith USB Guitar adapter)".

I get no sound on playbacks of recordings.

Edit - I got the same result with the primary sound device set to win10 sound (WASAPI)

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

@@2groggy - I think this tutorial is what I used when I set things up, and I think it's still current. From what I remember the most important thing was turning the in-game audio-exclusivity off. If that doesn't work, I'll dig into my settings and see what I have different.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@MonstaS4 .... My skill is bad, but i got >99% after a few plays....

Compared to Joe Satriani maybe, but to me you're going great!  :lol:

Admittedly i've only played Blondie once, but my yardstick is that i should be able to score 90+ on a first playthrough of a beginner song. I scored less than 80%. Maybe i just suck  :unsure:

• Like 1