Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 115

Motive

http://i.imgur.com/aLnf0uL.gif

Let's start the new year with new forces, now start week 115!

READ THIS FIRST =>> How and Why to Join the Championships
Read this second =>> Rocksmith 2014 Championship Rules

Last weeks winners:

Lead:
Beginner:       @@diddie17

Intermediate: @@Mortalo

Advanced:     @@Gamut

Masterclass:  @@Nacholede

Rhythm:
Beginner: ---
Intermediate: @@Tango

Advanced:     @@MaZtoR

Masterclass: @@albatross213

Bass:
Beginner      : @@KJParsley      

Intermediate: ---
Advanced:     @@missis sumner

Masterclass:  @@albatross213

Congrats to all the winners

Honorably Mentions to @[member="KJParsley"] for 100% on Beginner Bass.

This weeks songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner:        Blondie - Hanging on the Telephone   (3+) chosen by @@fiddlesticks

Intermediate:  Clutch - 10001110101                       (6) chosen by @@albatross213

Advanced:      Iron Maiden - Alexander The Great     (8+) chosen by @@Berneer

Masterclass:   Metallica - Blackened                        (10) chosen by @@Mortalo

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: N/A
Intermediate: 
Clutch - 10001110101                      (5)

Advanced:      Iron Maiden - Alexander The Great    (7)

Masterclass:   Metallica - Blackened                       (9)

Bass Path:
Beginner: 
      Blondie - Hanging on the Telephone  (2)

Intermediate: Clutch - 10001110101                      (3)

Advanced:     Iron Maiden - Alexander The Great    (6)

Masterclass:   Metallica - Blackened                      (8)

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

http://i.imgur.com/7n6Sj1g.jpg

RIP Lemmy.

Our tribute to Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister of Motorhead:

A song by  Motorhead - Stay Clean

Where would we be without Lemmy? Early on Motorhead was called the worst band ever, bacause of their fast but simple music. Style that inspired thrash metal bands that formed in early 80s. Known from being the loudest band on earth, Motohead became one of the greatest metal bands on earth. Lemmy was big part of this success. With his gavelly voice and bass that incorporated double stops and chords, he was one of a kind.

Rest In Peace mister Lemmy, we will never forget you.

Exercise Challenges

Don´t forget to compete in our running Exercises! Every path has it's own challenge.
If we get some more scores we will add the next challenge, but now we still stick to the first ones
1st Exercise: Blues Comping 1 in A major shuffle
2nd Exercise: Blues Comping 2 in A major - straight 8ths

exercises scoreboards

Honorable list Diehard Member:

(draft - 2 be updated after CCL update)

Honorable list FreeBird Member:
Participating as a FreeBird, without a class  ;)

Have fun!

• Like 8

I am thinking, i must come back in advanced class, as freebird i have not enough motivation for hard practice, and as the  result - lost skill.

Is nobody against?

Glad to have you back in Advanced class! Duelling scores with you was one of my biggest motives for pushing myself since joining the CS.  Between your return and all of the former Intermediate lead players that have become huge shredding forces, Advanced lead competition should be better than ever. :notes:

In other news, not having my PC for several weeks has got me determined to put it to better use now that I have it back. I feel like the world could use as many quality custom charters as it can get, so I'm starting to try my hand at making customs of my own!

A few questions for anyone who might have the answers:

1. What's the method for making a song that uses a capo?

2. If you want to chart a song that doesn't have Guitar Pro tabs available, is there any more efficient ways than dropping notes one at a time in EoF? I could pirate Guitar Pro, I guess, but I feel like there must be a free program you can make tabs in...

• Like 4

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@ - great selection and....

YESSSSS - thou art back !!!!!!

I feel i gotta find even more time to make it to adv to get my run for the money hard ;)

Let´s rock

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

hahaha

@@Mortalo - yeah, i know i suck... but how comes i end up in Int Rhy again haha...

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

unknown, nice song

http://i68.tinypic.com/6oftxt.jpg

• Like 5

@@missis sumner How I haven't noticed that?  I'm so, so proud ^_^ Now it's the time to conquer the MasterClass  :) 

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

http://i.imgur.com/Y7ZgFTj.jpg

I don't think that song is difficult enough for 10 points, I think it should be 9. Don't have time learning song a lot as I like (70-80 plays by a song), so don't expect me to show crazy scores.

• Like 6

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

When I saw the song I thought I was going to enjoy this one.  In reality though, it's way too fast for me at my level, I'm comfortable playing it at 85%, struggle at 90% and am totally lost at 100%.

We're here to improve though and so I'll keep going at it  :) .

Just as a marker though and to give at least a target to beat, first score is -

Beginner Lead - 63.28%  (played on score attack easy, but I don't think that's an issue as there's no DD)

6a3w599ecpsit8v6g.jpg

• Like 8

Beg: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=591272774

Int: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=591272924 Those bends really don't like getting registered :( Really fun song to play though :)

Adv: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=591272845 Another trip down memory lane, I have Somewhere in Time on  cassette kicking about the house. I also had an enormous A0 sized poster of the album cover on my wall that I'd obtained from a friend by giving him a painting I'd done of Guns and Roses Greatest hits album cover... it was pretty good, good enough to get the awesome poster :D 

I attempted MC but, feck that.

• Like 10

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

@@Gamut - For tracks that use a capo, if it's set in the tab, it should import into EoF. Otherwise, you can go to Track->Pro Guitar->Set Capo and put it in.

For writing out a song that doesn't have a GP, I feel like doing it in a GP editor (I use TuxGuitar) is better than doing it in EoF. Some things in EoF are a bit easier (chords that are repeated a lot in a measure, getting slides right), but the fact that you can see the whole song at a glance in a tab makes it easier to do copy/pastes and things like that, and most songs will require lots of copy/pasting.

For syncing, mostly what @ says. Waveform view is OK, but spectrogram view is better because you can still find drum beats and such even when the audio is close to maxed out and the waveform doesn't have obvious peaks (more common in more recent music, especially with crazy drums). I don't use the metronome or claps too often (metronome's not as useful in x/8 or y/16 time signatures, claps aren't too useful for fast things with lots of 16th notes, and most "normal" stuff I can handle pretty easily without them), but I do slow things down to 50% if I'm having trouble finding anything in the audio or spectrogram to latch on to.

Also, if you can get the "obvious" sync points (things like pauses, transitions between quieter and louder parts, transitions between clean and distorted guitars, start and end of solo, beginning of chorus) done before doing finer stuff, it can save a lot of time if you expect the song to be hard to sync.

Now for playing some things.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

bass for Lemmy

http://up.picr.de/24165790li.jpg

• Like 7
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I must take time off from authoring to play this.

As usual my first score is always cold with no practice. Which sadly is about 5% less than my best so far.... Freebird or Lostbird I think Lostbird is more accurate.  But nonetheless, maturity means you are not afraid to display your ineptness to the world so here goes....

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForge%20Championship/Week%20115%20-%20Ending%2009January2015/CF%20-%20Week%20115%20-%20Iron%20Maiden%20-%20Alexander%20The%20Great%20-%20Lead%20-%20Attempt%201_zpszgeaa5dm.png

@@MaZtoR, everytime I see your avatar, it is tiny enough that there is a great resemblance and I always think I am reading a post from Gannichus from Spartacus (one of the main super protagonists). I love that show!

• Like 7

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Thanks for the tips, @ and @@albatross213 ! TuxGuitar is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, now I can fix these crummy tabs a little easier. I hadn't even considered capo would be hiding under Pro Guitar, I figured that was Rock Band stuff. That'll let me start on some easier stuff to make tabs for.

I managed to beatmap a 7 minute Machinae Supremacy song that switched BPM for chorus and verse, only to find out that the tab charted triplets as eighths and had a BPM 66% faster than the actual song... argh. :weary:

Anyway, songs!

http://i.imgur.com/ZAsfbYV.jpg

New Iron Maiden song to me. I love sightreading Iron Maiden songs because half the time they play their riff slowly, and then pace up the tempo after you get the hang of it. Very courteous of them to make their material so learnable!

It's not my favourite Iron Maiden tune, but it's okay. I mean, it's good, but it's okay in terms of Iron Maiden tunes. :P

http://i.imgur.com/BLTnGea.jpg

Ahh yes, Blackened. Well familiarised with this one thanks to Rock Band - this was my first blast beat. I mostly drummed this, but occasionally while drunk with friends I'd end up on guitar, and evidently I've still got some of the muscle memory kicking around.

• Like 8

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

I couldn't get motorhead for some reason, I'll redownload it tomorrow . I tried to play it but I was just getting mums basement with the stacks but no imaginary crowd for some reason :( no one wanted to come to my imaginary basement gig :( boo you ya buggers!

• Like 2

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony