Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 114

Mortalo

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Rip Lemmy :........(

Cheers and grab a Groupie in hell.

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Dear Mortalo,

Although I would love to move up to Advanced with the other cool kids, I feel i am not worthy. I've only just made it to the top of the leaderboard in int forchristsake! Please keep me in intermediate.

Yours Sincerely,

Monsta

Hahaha... I knew it would happen here, I just wasnt sure if it would be you or me ... Hahahaha

But seriously that brings up a rules issue.

Auto upleveling is as it is handled a very good thing to save a class from being ruled by a too good player.

However in certain situations it will be a pain and stop pushing limits just to avoid the 99 / 99.5.

I've done some thinking and a very simple solution would be as follows:

A player like @@MonstaS4 above screams "not ready"

As we are 4 now the 4 orgas secretly vote if uplevel or not taking into account the last weeks and overall performances, in case its a 2:2 and there is no clear decision possible its a level-up.

"Not ready rule"

...or we leave it as it is ... Its just 3 weeks to be back...

What do you think?

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

But seriously that brings up a rules issue. 

Auto upleveling is as it is handled a very good thing to save a class from being ruled by a too good player.

However in certain situations it will be a pain and stop pushing limits just to avoid the 99 / 99.5.

Avoid 99%, stop playing liked a song, bcs of reason level up is not good.

I've done some thinking and a very simple solution would be as follows:

A player like @MonstaS4 above screams "not ready"

As we are 4 now the 4 orgas secretly vote if uplevel or not taking into account the last weeks and overall performances, in case its a 2:2 and there is no clear decision possible its a level-up. 

"Not ready rule"

And  yes, If some one say "im not ready", organizers will voted for clean (or not) class of very good player for fun and fair challenge other participants in class, based on overall scores on previous weeks. We must care about fair challenge for most players in class, rather than one. 

Same thing for returning player after missed >=3 weeks. If player constantly very good, he will return in same class, which he has before missed weeks.

Regarding @@MonstaS4 my vote - leaving his in the int class. His overall scores leave enough place for challenge all players in int class.

• Like 2

I'm not sure why the 99+ rule was introduced and i don't see why it's necessary. If a player is consistently in the low to mid 90's, then one week scores a 99+, the reasons can be varied. It could be that the chosen songs difficulty is at the very bottom of the class or it could be that the player is better at a certain technique than others. Either way, this shouldn't result in a level up.

Voting just adds complexity to the system. I'd suggest losing the >99 level up rule and maybe changing the >97 for 3 weeks in row to >97 for 3 weeks out of 5. I think scoring >97 3 weeks in a row would be quite difficult and could result in a player dominating a class. With a >97 for 3 out of 5 rule, a hard song for 1 week where everyone scores lower than usual would not influence the rankings. The player would still be up leveled provided 3 of the last 5 scores were >97. Hope that makes sense? 

• Like 1

We're all here to have fun. So as long as it seems fair to leave one in his class, we'll leave one there (forever in shame :lol: ).

• Like 4

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Wear your shame like a badge of honour... Oo can we implement a shame badge to go on our e-paulets? :D

• Like 2

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

now that the essential things are agreed i can start tryin harder (which is hard a lil drunk) :)

http://i67.tinypic.com/25anq7m.jpg

• Like 4

We're all here to have fun. So as long as it seems fair to leave one in his class, we'll leave one there (forever in shame :lol: ).

You could try life as a freebird. It's a zen thing.  Imagine yourself as a seagull, serenely soaring above the fray.  You play what you want, when you want, unconcerned with deadlines and perfection; perfection is the enemy of good, after all.  Then when some unsuspecting child drops their ice cream cone, you swoop in make annoying noises, crap all over the place and disappear as suddenly as you arrived.  Just like I did now.  Bye.

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

You could try life as a freebird. It's a zen thing.  Imagine yourself as a seagull, serenely soaring above the fray.  You play what you want, when you want, unconcerned with deadlines and perfection; perfection is the enemy of good, after all.  Then when some unsuspecting child drops their ice cream cone, you swoop in make annoying noises, crap all over the place and disappear as suddenly as you arrived.  Just like I did now.  Bye.

Haha! I guess i'm just too competitive. <Monsta exits stage left hanging head in shame>

Now it's time to see if I can make Alice Cooper sound half decent.

• Like 2

Foooh, that song... it is sounds and played such way that my tomorrow morning won't be good, my head, both hands are all in pain. Window were closed in the room, and it was a first time when my mind came moody cuz there were no air to breath: I were playing like a mad. In result I've managed to improve a score by only one percent, but were missing big part of solos as I still have no six string on guitar.

http://i.imgur.com/rs6QIdQ.jpg

• Like 3

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

More depressing news, John Bradbury of The Specials has also passed away at the age of 62... it's really not a good week for musician mortality rates :(

• Like 5

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

More depressing news, John Bradbury of The Specials has also passed away at the age of 62... it's really not a good week for musician mortality rates :(

We've lost a lot of talented people this year.  I'm afraid to try and count them all.

I guess I know what I'll be playing in a few minutes.

• Like 3

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

I doubt that the FreeBird police are upset or even surprised...

A Message to You Rudy

Gangsters

Ghost Town

• Like 6

This is from a few weeks ago, but hopefully will serve as a tribute to Lemmy...

http://i.imgur.com/900UtfU.jpg

No one else had hit 100% on it, so I did. Could try to record a video of me playing it, but as I am away from my recording stuff and a computer that's good enough to handle recording while playing, it will have to wait until next week.

As for Good Mourning, haven't made much progress. Getting better at the other hard riff (Killer, intruder, or homicidal man verses), and getting a better handle on the solos, but the trill riff... My fret hand convulses in agony and pain / It mangles my hand 'til no features remain.

But seriously, I think me practicing it has actually made me worse at it at the moment, since my fret hand muscles are sore and therefore less capable of maintaining that riff than before.

• Like 6

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Bass - http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/359525594121346280/ED979552F4D80757A9D39AA5926C8BAA0242D647/

As far as guitar goes... I can not feel my left thumb. So not used to barre chords. Is this something I just have to tough out and develop muscle/technique?

Yes, it really is. It was a real pain to learn barre chords.

one rare, lame 99 ;)

http://i66.tinypic.com/1267ndi.jpg

yeah, i´m gonna stay and beat my head against @MonSta´s

• Like 7

one try rhy..... (dhm)

last score for the week..

http://i65.tinypic.com/20utwnp.jpg

goin to Germany for yearchange

• Like 4