Importing Unpacked XML -> Failure. Check Log

ForgeOn

Hello raynebc! (or anyone else who can help)

I am trying to import an XML into EoF that was unpacked from a working CDLC, but I get the following error:

"Failure. Check log for details."

The loged error reads as so:

"Error reading beat tags from XML, the "count" attribute is 0 or undefined. Aborting"

The only instance of count I could find in the XML looks like this:

<phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="COUNT" solo="0" />

In the chat a user told me that he found many instances of "count" in one of his XML files.

Is this a lack of backwards compatibility to an old instance of EoF possibly?

What steps can I take from here to get the notes imported?

Thanks!

Edit:

I have now compared the toolkit unpacked XML with a EoF (r1304) generated XML and it seems the major difference is that the count="#" attribute is missing from the unpacked XML.

Two possibilities I see for overcoming it:

1) Have EoF calculate the counts from the unpacked XML and apply them to the import.

2) Have the Toolkit export and XML with the count already included. (To this end I will make a post in the toolkit section as well!)

One of these solutions or any other suggestions are very welcome!

Thank you developers for all the hard work that has gone into making these tools!! :)

First of all. EoF have not support for rs2 xml import at this time, only for rs1, maybe @@raynebc can help you.

About count tag it's not necessary for toolkit and will not be generated, the only thing that we need is the correct imported data.

The lot of differences that you have is not used for rs2 too, toolkit make a clean xml when convert from sng, only with used tags for rs2.

Thanks.

ANY FILES ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY !!!

Until then, all you should have to do in order for EOF to import the XML file is to add

count="1"
inside the tag. The number could really be any valid whole number greater than 0, EOF doesn't do anything with that attribute except ensure that it's there and defines a number of beats greater than 0.

Tried it!

No error is generated but the beats are set all messed up and there are no notes.

Edit:

In case it help here are the specifics:

The track should have bpm set to 100 all the way through, what I get is bpm set to 1000, .5sec later set to 7.35bpm, then set to 100bpm for a while, then when the green cursor crosses 163 seconds it displays beats as 1000bpm again (strange behavior here it shows beats after 163sec as 100bpm until the green cursor crosses that time).

All this with no notes.

@@ForgeOn,

Did you try to unpack the CDLC without the "Extract Song XML" option checked ?

- If you check this option, the XML is newly generated by the Toolkit from the SNG files.

- If you uncheck this option, the existing XML is simply unpacked and keep all its original information from EOF and DDC tools ("count", "transcriptionTrack" tags, ...)