what should i start with

jackdalisa

Question

Hi. I have always tried to make rocksmith custom songs but it always ends with tears, a couple viruses, and no more cdlc. I have tried watching videos but they always lead me to a dead end or require the purchase of some software like WWise that i cant get to work. The farthest i have ever gotten is a charted song in EOF before spending 2 hours trying to get some program to turn it into a rocksmith file. Why can i just put the file in some file converter? Anyway, I need some help, I'm starting to loose interest in guitar as a whole because all the rocksmith songs have become stale and i tabs just frustrate me. PLEASE HELP

7 answers to this question

WWise is free. And it's a required tool in order to create CDLC.

Also, none of the required tools have viruses, so I have no idea what you might be doing to cause that.  It's either a false positive from your anti-virus software, or something related to other activities outside of RS tools.

Sounds like (aside from WWise), the part that you're having trouble with is packaging everything up with the Toolkit. It's not a one-click process because the Toolkit puts together the song information, audio, arrangments from EoF, album cover picture, and the guitar tones you select. All of these things get packaged into a .psarc file that Rocksmith uses.

If we're going to help you, you'll need to be as specific as possible with your questions.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

What's the problems exactly? Are there any errors? Also,if you can't sync the tab with the mp3 in EOF,ther might be a problem with the tab or the BPM.

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

Regarding WWise, I used to have problems with it crashing during startup if I had other open applications running. The good news is, once WWise is installed correctly, you don't even need to open it anymore (it just needs to be installed). The Toolkit can create the .wem file for you - this is located under the OGG tab in the Toolkit.

As for what do do with the EoF arrangements, it sounds like that's more a question of how to use the Toolkit. This Post should help you there: http://customsforge.com/topic/1922-how-to-make-pc-cdlcs-for-rocksmith-2014-tutorial-wscreenshots-by-darjusz/?p=8920

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Regarding WWise, I used to have problems with it crashing during startup if I had other open applications running. The good news is, once WWise is installed correctly, you don't even need to open it anymore (it just needs to be installed). The Toolkit can create the .wem file for you - this is located under the OGG tab in the Toolkit.

As for what do do with the EoF arrangements, it sounds like that's more a question of how to use the Toolkit. This Post should help you there: http://customsforge.com/topic/1922-how-to-make-pc-cdlcs-for-rocksmith-2014-tutorial-wscreenshots-by-darjusz/?p=8920

so i dont need to do what he did above this in WWise?

Correct. You can now use the Toolkit to create the .wem audio file (this is all WWise does). However, you still need to have Wwise installed because the Toolkit accesses WWise through the command line. This feature of the Toolkit wasn't available when the tutorial was made, so it's not shown there.