Possible Improvements

Hi,

using 2.6.1.0-59d0ee49 and I love it :D

It's stable (build wise) and it does everything right.

Couple of (historical) things still annoy me though...

1. It was me who suggested an effects limit of 7, seeing as that's what the game limits effects to.  I could really do with 8.  I am sure 8 is pretty stable, I've used them many times.  Which is why 7 annoys me, when I load up old tones with 8 slots used, I can no longer use them :(  I can personally guarantee that my 8 slot tones are working in game and after 1000s of downloads no one has complained.

So either increase the limit to 8 or even just an arbitrary warning "Using this many tones slots may crash the game!"

Let me know your thoughts, has limiting tone slots to 7 had a positive effect on the number of profiles you are fixing?

2. It's starting to grate that Real_Guitar comes in as "Rhythm" and Real_Guitar_22 comes in as Lead.  Who thought of that, some Russian git???

I think its far more logical to have Real_Guitar as Lead and _22 as Rhythm.

Again, thoughts?

_22 is number of frets by default in EOF for RB pro guitar, it doesn't matter if you have habits to use Real_Guitar(17 frets) for lead (cuz it's first in a list I guess), I'd like to stick to the current logic, maximum I could do is add option how to interpret undefined guitar arrangements "_22" as lead or rhythm.

Not sure about lags\crushers because of tones numbers included in CDLC tho.

• Developer

@PC Plum  "It's stable (build wise) and it does everything right."

Sure, now you want us to break it?  :lol:    #2 Not going to happen.  Would require major rewriting and has too much potential to break the code.  Try doing what raynebc suggest in EOF.

#1 I can look at.   Maybe Santa can bring you the rest.  :tada:

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@PC Plum  Removed 'Effects' limit from latest toolkit beta release here.  Please determine maximum limit and report you findings back to toolkit Developers.

Also included in this release is a new feature to create Song Packs.  Look in the Packer/Unpacker tab.  Select individual CDLC files and package into a Song Pack.  You will only want to use this feature for songs that are finalized.   This makes it very easy to install multiple songs into the game with just one file.  A late Christmas present for @@Alex360.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Sorry to report

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyWVpwTlN4czJJQk0/view?usp=sharing

I did try to pack 122 of my own customs...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit - tried again without the offending custom

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KybVp6SEhWOWtPSzA/view?usp=sharing

Dunno what to make of it, my system memory hardly went up from idle

Maybe I should try smaller packs :D

• Developer

Your first error is telling you that you tried to add the same song twice to the song pack.  You can't do that.  Also once you make a song pack you need to remove individual CDLC songs from your dlc folder because they have the same Persistent IDs used in the Song Pack and this will crash the game.

Not sure what is causing the second error.  I have Christmas Song Pack with 24 songs and it is working.  You may be getting a little carried away (as usual) with 122 songs.  :)

Try the latest toolkit beta build.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy