Visual Mod to show Note associated with string/fret

The Fox

Question

Hi Everyone,

First time posting so I apologize if this is in the wrong spot. 

I'm looking for a visual mod that will show the actual note on the fret board.
example: 5th on A string would show "D" etc... (preferably right where the hit box is)

It would add to what is already a great game. if this already exist, can someone point me in the right direction?

if not, I'd be happy to start working on a mod like this as a project and if any experienced modders want in on it or have some visual overhaul ideas of their own we could collaborate and make a full on overhaul. (I'd also really like to add a better search function to the Song Selection UI)

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

That is actually pretty great. What I had in my head was it only showing the note on the box coming down the highway. So you'd see letters flying at you instead of boxes. if we only had the Notes about to be played showing (letters on the highway) it would cut down some of the visual clutter. 

I'm going to go ahead with the fret board inlays though. That's an awesome start to what i was looking for. Thanks so much