Pro tabs on ultimate guitar? can I use them for fair use?

The Singularity

So I have to pay to see all the tabs but it states in the agreement that I can only use it for personal use, under no circumstances am I allowed to use it commercially or recreate the tabs or give my account to anyone else or the tabs ETC, ETC

so I am guessing it would be impossible to make use the tabs to make a CDLC legally? does fair use apply here? if not, I'll just make the CDLCS for myself. But if there is a way, I would love to share them with the community when they are made.

• Administrator

All the information i was able to find about the tab pro thing from UG is that it just gives a nice interface for all the gp tabs available on UG for free.

Since you can either use GP or EOF to adjust the tab for Rocksmith, i don't see any point in paying for tab pro from UG as they absolutely don't list the tabs it gives acces too which makes me doubt that it have a different DB than what you can access for free.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

Because only the top ranked tab are available as tab pro for curation reason.

UG is bad at advertising their product and that subscription just gives you access to a cool interface/app which is useless if you own GP5 or 6 (or hell even Tux guitar can do that job very well...).

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

If you upload a new tab to Ultimate guitar you get Pro for free :P

Exactly. No point in paying for that shit if they basically throw it at you. :D

Still, if you upload enough and get some good ratings you can get on their nice list (like me this year). They asked me for my mailing address and told me I'd get a gift for christmas. Let's see if it arrives and what it is. Could be shit as well... or Anthrax (but not the band). :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A musical representation of a copyrighted song is reproduced or indeed the song itself in CDLC and you are worried about copyrighted tabs?

Now consider, that the song was originally written by the artist copyright owner, label produces it they typically get IP rights over signees.

Point being Pro Tabs probably has rights over their interpretation of the song, so use it and listen to the track you have in your mind and try to get it closer to what you hear. In the end they will have to prove they are the copyright holder which in truth is more likely it's the labels or the artists.

• Like 1