Not able to play song after using "Fix Bass Tuning"

@@cozy1 -

With the original file I get to the tuning screen, then the A# is too low for the game to detect.

After applying the bass fix, the game freezes when the song is selected. Not entirely sure why. In the toolkit it looks like the appropriate tuning is entered (6, 8, 8, 8, 0, 0). If I import the bass_fix package into the toolkit, change the relative tuning to 6, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8 at A220, then repack, things work. Not really sure whether it was solved by repacking or by changing the tuning.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Developer

@albatross213  Thanks for testing and details.   I will see if I can come up with a fixed based on your input.  So did you have same experience as SickSonicXXX where strings got too loose ("almost to the point it came off")?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@albatross213  Since you are big help would you mind trying ... import the original package into the toolkit, change the relative tuning to 6, 8, 8, 8, 0, 0 at A220, then repack do things work?  Thanks

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@@albatross213 et.al. I synchronized the low bass tuning fix in Creator and Packer/Unpacker so that toolkit is producing the same output from either feature based on feedback above.  The main difference between the two methods was that showlights.xml was not being included in the Packer/Unpacker method.  Both methods now insert the showlights.xml file as expected.  Would like to know your results after fix.  Thanks

• Developer

@@SickSonicXXX So part of the problem with applying Low Bass Tuning Fix was that the songs you are trying to fix were created with a older version of the toolkit which applied a different tuning storage method for Bass Arrangements than is currently used.  The old method would zero out strings4 and string5.  This meant there were no 5 string bass arrangements.  We have since moved away from this format and are now using standard guitar tuning to represent all instruments.  The new method has far fewer issues with in game hanging or CDT caused by tuning issues.  Also the same tuning definitions may be used for both guitar and bass.   I applied a fixed to the toolkit so that it recognizes old EOF/toolkit xml files and upgrades the XML tuning to the new method.  Download the latest beta version of the toolkit and give Packer/Unpacker feature Low Bass Tuning Fix a try on your songs.  (Note: If you are trying to play bass on a guitar the strings may fall off with Low Bass Tuning Fix.)

I also fixed the Creator function which had the same tuning issue when old songs were imported.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy