Not able to play song after using "Fix Bass Tuning"

I downloaded the version where I can fix the tuning problem for songs that are CDLC.  But, the new problem that I have now is, I am not able to play the song at all after fixing it.  It is like my keyboard decided to stop working.  Any help would be great.  I am very new at this and I am just getting a little frustrated.  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

Try latest build of toolkit here.  Packer/Unpacker Low Bass Tuning Fix should work.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any luck solving this issue? I've downloaded the newest update for the toolkit and tried different options for fixing the bass tuning (Quick Fix, Delete Source File, etc.) But so far I'm still getting stuck after clicking on one of the songs I just fixed. 

Its quite a bit. I'm going to sound stupid but  I have no idea how to share the files....sorry. It's basically every Parkway Drive Song, For All Those Sleeping- "Once a Liar/Always A Fake" and Bring me the Horizon- "Shadow Moses" "Chelsea Smile" "Throne" "Pray for Plagues"

• Developer

@@Alex360 have you noticed are most showlight issues with songs that have non-standard tuning?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@Alex360  I looked as some of the songs mentioned and as I suspected many have non-standard tuning.  As an example "Chealsea Smile" has bass tuninng Bb F Bb Eb B E.  I am surprised the game even knows what to do with this let alone the toolkit.  So my initial reaction is that this is not toolkit issue.  But then I checked a repacked song (by Packer/Unpacker feature) after automatic bass fix is applied and determined that the showlights.xml file is not even being generated.  This in itself is not the problem because the game will play a song that does not have showlights.  We can fix the toolkit so that it generates showlights after automatic bass fix is applied.  ;)

(this has been edited for young viewers)

@@cozy1 - That tuning isn't that weird. It's just C drop Bb, but with the two highest strings left untouched (since it's a bass track, how should the charters know to change them?).

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Developer

@@Alex360 So I did further testing on song using 'Creator' feature to fix low bass tuning.  The toolkit behavior is to reuse the existing showlights.xml file.  I forgot I had added this long time ago.  Again this was done so that regenerated song could reuse showlights.xml if desired.  If user wants toolkit to generate new showlights.xml then manually 'Remove' Showlights from 'Arrangements' list in 'Creator'.

Question: would you expect reusing showlights.xml in song where low bass tuning fix has been applied would cause game to hang?

@SickSonicXXX  1) Which toolkit feature did you use to fix low bass tuning ... Creator or Packer/UnPacker?  From your original description I am guessing that you used Packer/Unpacker.   2) Where you able to play original song before applying bass fix?  If the song doesn't play after the fix then it more likely to be the low bass tuning fix itself is hanging the game since showlights.xml is not generated currently with the Packer/UnPacker version of fix.  Hope this make sense.  If so then try applying the fix with 'Creator'.  'Import Package' then 'Remove' existing Bass and  Showlights arrangements.  Then 'Add'  chealseasmile_bass.xml (this will cause 'Creator' to prompt you to Fix Low Bass Tuning).  Then 'Generate'.  Try to playing song.  Let us know results.

• Developer

@@albatross213 and @@firekorn

So if this 'C drop Bb', is this tuning used regularly?  Would you like it added to toolkit tuning definitions?  Any other regularly used EOF tunings that you would like added?

@@cozy1 -

It's hard to say exactly where to stop, but I'd say drop tunings should accompany standard tunings down to at least B drop A. Looking at the drop-down menu for tunings when submitting a DLC, it goes down to Bb drop Ab, so it might be good to have that as well just for consistency.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@cozy1 Sorry I rechecked the thread and noticed you messaged me. I used the Packer/unpacker tab to generate the bass fix songs. The songs do not play after I applied the bass fix. However, Before I I tried fixing the bass I could click on the song(s) and be brought to the tuning screen but not be able to get my bass that low (which Is normal.)
-I will try your method that you posted and I will let you know the results. Thank you.

@@cozy1 *update* Okay, i followed your instructions and I made it "farther" than getting stuck as soon as I clicked on the song. I made it to the tuning screen, tried tuning the top string and I loosened it almost to the point it came off, Haha. But yeah thats how far I made it.

• Developer

@@firekorn and @albatross213  I would be interested what your experience is with playing this songs bass arrangement before or after applying bass fix.  Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy