DD not working on customs?

lilstrats

Question

Hey, I was hesitating to make a thread, but why not ask you guys...
So I recently got a new computer (windows 7 to 8.1) and had to reinstall both rocksmiths themselves, steam,  the .dll folder, toolkit and all the cdlcs.

Some cdlcs say that they have DD, and then when I load them in game, well the DD chart shows up when I select the song but it is all one level (as if you had learned it to maybe 80% or so).

Then when I start the song, no DD -- the graph appears flat as if it never existed. I'm curious as to why it isnt working when I've had this work before. 

An example is say Nacholede's Iron Maiden 'Death or Glory' (who does quality kick*** customs so I know it's on my end). 

Also, this happens when I add DD myself in toolkit (I tried various options as well). So anyone have this happen? Know what the problem could be? Some help/ insight would be great. Thanks...I'm not as techno savvy as some of you. 

Thanks a bunch.

9 answers to this question

Did you apply DD again on the custom before playing it ?

When you play this CDLC, is there DD inside (even if the DD bars are not displayed) ?

Sometimes, the DD graph bar may not appear in the game if the quantity of phrases is more than 100 (but the DD works).

Which releases of tools you are using ? (RSToolkit and DDC)

• Like 1

Did you apply DD again on the custom before playing it ?

When you play this CDLC, is there DD inside (even if the DD bars are not displayed) ?

Sometimes, the DD graph bar may not appear in the game if the quantity of phrases is more than 100 (but the DD works).

Which releases of tools you are using ? (RSToolkit and DDC)

Hmm good questions Chlip, will try and get back to you.

RST is version 2.6.1.0

DDC is 2.7

Tested a few different CDLCs, which I had originally downloaded with DD...the files themselves say DD_p.psarc for example. 

When I play the song, the difficulty is at 0, and can not be changed, therefore it's not just a problem with the graph display itself...The song is maxed and can't be lowered or raised, it's as if the DD doesn't exist. So to answer your question, no, the DD is not there in game.

Some customs with DD work just fine, but a few are like this and all that I've tried to add DD to do this. Any thoughts?

Hi @@lilstrats,

DDC v2.8 works well with these CDLCs.

You can download the last release of DDC in the DDC topic.

To install it, just unzip the files in a temp directory and copy all files of the "ddc_v2.8" folder in the "ddc" folder of your RSToolkit install.

Thanks

• Like 1