Advanced: @@albatross213
Masterclass: @@fiddlesticks

Bass:
Beginner:  @@KJParsley
Intermediate:  N/E
Advanced: @@NoonyDeloony
Masterclass: @@albatross213

Congrats to all the winners

Honorably Mentions to @@ezeikiel2517, @@fiddlesticks, @@genobadass, @@NoonyDeloony and @@Stowy for 100% in Advanced Bass.

You want a video?

by @@firekorn. And last but not least @@NoonyDeloony and
:)

This weeks songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Danzig - She Rides (2) chosen by @@Viltaire
Intermediate: Chris Isaak - Wicked Game (5) chosen by @@PierreDole
Advanced: Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow (8) chosen by @@fiddlesticks
Masterclass: [http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/locust-nacholedes-version-r14587]MachineHead - Locust[/url] ( 10) chosen by @@Nacholede

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Danzig - She Rides (2)
Intermediate: N/A
Advanced: Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow (8)

Masterclass: [http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/locust-nacholedes-version-r14587]MachineHead - Locust[/url] ( 10)

Bass Path:

Old school week on bass, without true MC song and any bonuses.
Beginner: Danzig - She Rides (2)
Intermediate: Chris Isaak - Wicked Game (2)

Advanced: Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow (6)
Masterclass: [http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/locust-nacholedes-version-r14587]MachineHead - Locust[/url] ( 5)

(It's, in my opinion, easier then Harvester, but C#dropB)

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

this week the  

DA CAPO CHALLENGE

is back with a song from week 49

Daft Punk - Get Lucky

the former competitors scores are there in the table - so if you wanna check your progress give it another try and kick your own score or just take the extra challenge to play an extra song competition-wise.

Rules? - no Rules! Rules are for church guitarists!

#Everybody is welcome to post his score!

#No awards, no points, no nothing, just fun!

If you have an extra song you wanna play again just add it to the Song Selection List under Da Capo

Exercise Challenges

Don´t forget to compete in our running Exercises! Every path has it's own challenge.

If we get some more scores we will add the next challenge, but now we still stick to the first ones

1st Exercise: Blues Comping 1 in A major shuffle
2nd Exercise: Blues Comping 2 in A major - straight 8ths

exercises scoreboards

Honorable list Diehard Member:

Honorable list FreeBird Member:
Participating as a FreeBird, without a class    ;)

P.s. Please, see changes in Championship Class Lists!

• Like 4

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@Mortalo - The link for Locust goes to the other version. I'm guessing @@Nacholede meant for it to go to his version.

Also, a Metallica song with the rhythm as hard as the lead? A bit surprised by that, though I guess it's not impossible.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@Mortalo - The link for Locust goes to the other version. I'm guessing @@Nacholede meant for it to go to his version.

Also, a Metallica song with the rhythm as hard as the lead? A bit surprised by that, though I guess it's not impossible.

That's right! Use my version :)

9A7alLl.jpg

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Yeah!

Cool week!

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Some early bass scores.

Adv:

http://i.imgur.com/gL6nFuy.jpgConsecutive open notes on different strings are my nemesis, but now that I'm familiar with what's there I think if I played this once more I could 100% it. Probably don't care enough to, and I'll be listening to this enough on guitar anyways...

MC:

http://i.imgur.com/nIwwLSs.jpgSo, I don't really like any of the ways I can tune my 6-string to drop B (ish), so I just played it in B (ish) standard. Should be able to get it down that way soon, as I did pretty well on the part with the open yellows after the first time through in this run.

As for relative difficulties, I think they're probably about even in Rocksmith, but Locust is definitely harder to play tightly.

Da capo:

http://i.imgur.com/Gf4Fi2z.jpgI guess I got lucky?

• Like 8

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Da Capo, I haven't played this on week 49, now I catch up on this

http://up.picr.de/23894805ru.jpg

• Like 7
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

That's right! Use my version :)

If you had put link in SSL, there would be no problem. Honestly, I didn't noticed your version, though I was surprised that there isn't one, so now it explains everything :lol: And now i have to play it again :wacko:

• Like 3

Beginner Lead http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=569616384#_=_

Been a while since I played it so I'm a shade rusty.

Beginner Rhythm http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=569617322#_=_

I worked on the Intermediate song a tiny bit as well. It looks doable, so I'm going to work on it some as well.

• Like 7

I started on the bass for She Rides and Wicked Games.  

She Rides was simple enough that I could sight read it and get 100% on the first try.

Wicked Games took a few tries to get a flub free run of 100%

I'm not familiar with the Advanced or Master Class tunes yet.  I'll give them a listen or work on Daft Punk.

• Like 7

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Harvester Of Sorrow on bass took a bunch of RR runs to make a score of 95%.  It's no my genre, so I'll move on to something else.

Daft Punk is more fun.  After an our in RR, my score or Get Lucky on bass is at 97%.  I'll keep working on this one.

• Like 8

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

I've had this in my collection for a few months but never really spent any time trying to learn it *properly*.

Firstly, my untrained ears tell me the second note (B string 7th fret) should start on the 6th fret, then bend up to the 7th. Anyone else notice this??

Target of 98%+ on this one. Here is a start on it:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/n98ujhxudq6s9i0/221680_2015-12-06_00001.png?dl=0

• Like 9

http://i.imgur.com/fmCPkZa.jpg

Went into this song thinking I had never heard of it. It only took two seconds in to recognise it. I've heard this song hundreds of times in supermarkets and department stores, it's pretty well slammed into my subconscious!

Monsta's right about the bend, and the charting could use a lot of meat on its bones in other places too, but it's a great song and the tones are good.

http://i.imgur.com/oZWGbvw.jpg

Oh boy, more Metallica, colour me excited. :P Nowhere near the top of my favourite Metallica songs, but I guess it's alright!

• Like 8

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Starting on Harvester of Sorrow...

Rhythm: Sightread, then score attack

http://i.imgur.com/qEq1878.jpgEasy because I didn't have much confidence after the sightread.

Then lead:

http://i.imgur.com/En6sjgd.jpg

Anyway... I feel like the quality on this isn't too great. Probably started with a shitty tab, as the other things (sync, tones) are fine by me. My specific complaints:

• Inconsistencies: these are all over the place, but a short list (many of which will also be touched upon later) include the chorus riff sometimes having the slides with a strum at the end, sometimes not (though on further thought this may be a distinction between things like the intro riff and things like the chorus riff, which are played differently), sometimes with the open notes with chords, sometimes not, the E power chords sometimes having the B octave (in two different ways), sometimes not, sometimes being a (nearly) full E major chord.
  • A lot of power chords that are palm muted have one note palm muted and the other fret hand muted.
  • The E chords other than the power chord: I see no evidence of this in live shows, playthroughs, or anything. I think it's just a power chord, but someone with a more qualified set of ears should give it a listen.
  • The chord slides with the strum at the end either probably shouldn't have the slide (like in the intro riff, rather than the chorus riff).
  • The clean riff is much easier playing the G on the D string rather than the G (playing three strings in a row rather than doing a quick string hop). But maybe it's left ringing so you'd have to play it open for it to sound right.

One of the comments on one of the GP files talks about the fret hand mutes and says it was probably to make things sound good in GP. If so, I wouldn't be surprised if some of my other quibbles are due to that taking precedence over being how it's actually played.

• Like 4

Agree with @@albatross213, the harvester of sorrow custom has some issues. He's pretty much nailed them all in his post.

Since this was one of my choices for the championship I feel pretty bad - however, this version of the song isn't the same as the one I used to have. Unfortunately I just assumed that they were the same and didn't check before suggesting it in the SSL. My bad.

The other version looked more like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj_Tgfs1vZs

I'm not sure where I got the custom from or who owns the rights - I am currently attempting to re-acquire it, but I don't think I'd be allowed to post it even if I do get it because it's not my work.

Again apologies for not double checking.

• Like 3

Bunch of scores:

Beginner Bass - 100%, 623 streak, 1.537.903 score

Fun song. On guitar's chord slides are pain not willing to register.

Advanced Bass - 98.19%, 224 streak

Nice song to listen to, not so to play. It's nightmare on guitar.

C#dropB here I come (and my hybrid slinkies) :P

MasterClass Bass - 98%, 475 streak

(emulated score as I was already there with my guitar)

MasterClass Lead - 82%, 110 streak

MasterClass Rhythm - 75%, 89 streak

That was difficult.

• Like 8

@@fiddlesticks - If I had to guess, that is something with Glen and his group. I don't know exactly what the deal is with them, but there have been some inflamed emotions in the past (I think when we played One?).

I wish more people would revisit their songs (especially the more popular ones) and make them better, but I know it's easy to keep doing new DLC rather than improve already existing ones. And if you don't get any complaints or any other type of feedback it's even harder. On the record page for this it seems the main things people talked about were the tones and it crashing, and absolutely nothing about the tab (though it looks like most of the ones on UG suck in pretty much the same way).

• Like 4

@@fiddlesticks - If I had to guess, that is something with Glen and his group. I don't know exactly what the deal is with them, but there have been some inflamed emotions in the past (I think when we played One?).

I wish more people would revisit their songs (especially the more popular ones) and make them better, but I know it's easy to keep doing new DLC rather than improve already existing ones. And if you don't get any complaints or any other type of feedback it's even harder. On the record page for this it seems the main things people talked about were the tones and it crashing, and absolutely nothing about the tab (though it looks like most of the ones on UG suck in pretty much the same way).

I remember what happened when i posted one here, Glen was very mad with me because i uploaded his custom. 

But yeah, i should do that too, i got a lot of customs to remade (specially my first ones)

9A7alLl.jpg

@@bernixix is not a guitar player, so it may be tough for him to find some issues in guitar tabs.

Most people here, me included, can't tell if tabs are wrong or not, so don't be surprised with lack of feedback.

Besides it's not that bad.

• Like 1