Problems with tabs that have repeats

sammy123

Question

Hi everyone, I was wondering has anyone ever had a problem creating 2014 customs where the GP file has repeats. Eof does not recognize these repeats and leaves half of the song out... is there a step im missing or a way to fix these files? A little help would be Appreciated. Thank You

9 answers to this question

I had a GP file once that gave me this problem with repeating sections. I then moved the sections after the repeating sections to the right place and then did a copy paste into the gaps for the repeating parts.

Don't know if this is best practice.

This is a Monday morning, there is a chance that I'm missunderstand your problem.

Edited by Generalsnus

OK so i don't know what happened then, I was syncing tab to the song starting from left to right. i got pretty far into the process when i noticed that a lot of the song was missing and it skipped to a different part of the tab. i don't know if it got deleted or if the tab was wrong to begin with, or how it can just bring to parts together that don't match audio. .... will get back to you if i solve this or just scrap this song altogether... or if anyone finds out what happened.. ill check it out :cool:

This is all too common, unfortunately.  It's not EoF, it's the tab.

One of the first things I do now when syncing a song is checking for the correct length.

Songs are fixable (most of the time :) ), it just adds extra work.  But, if like MVega says, there has been variation by the instrumentalist and not just blatantly repeated sections, then it can stick out like a sore thumb.  You spend hours copy/pasting only to get "that's not accurate, that's wrong" as the feedback.

Rock and a hard place mate, I suggest you struggle on.  I would only really give up if it's going to be musically inaccurate.  It won't be the last time you see this problem, so it's worth persevering :)

These commands will save you hours:

Ctrl+C

Ctrl+V

Holding shift when clicking mouse to select a range of gems

and my new found favourites

PgDown

PgUp

Ctrl+End

Enjoy :)

I'm tabbing songs by ear these days. I'm tempted to create one track that's note for note accurate, and another that just gives the simplified repeats -- since this is the way most people would play it outside of Rocksmith anyway.

I have a couple of midi files that will play as an entire song outside of EOF, but when I import them into EOF, only the first verse/chorus shows up.