Rocksmith 2014 CDLC Freezing/Failing

MisterSnuggles

Question

I recently moved my steam account over to a new SSD and HDD with a new OS.  The only thing i copied over was my DLC folder with other 1.5GB of song files in it. When i started up the game, i found out that none of my CDLC files work in the game- or atleast none of the 5 or so that i tested. They would all let me tune/capo/ whatever beforehand, and then the two amps would show up on the screen. After that, the game more or less "Freezes". I can still hear myself play if i make any noise, and the speakers are still animated and you can see the little rings that they make that are supposed to be sound waves (i guess). However, the track for the notes, the animated guitar neck, the song itself, etc., do not show up, and it is left on that forever (ive let it run for 15 minutes to see if anything would happen, so i assume itll just stay there forever.)

I can play the rocksmith 2014 and original rocksmith songs just fine. I even tried to use the packer/unpacker to repack some of the cdlc, and after that, i even tried to redownload and repack some of the songs completely. None of this has worked, however.

I had the exact same problem when i had the CDLC on my old HDD- but only for a song or two, which i had just assumed were broken or something. However, this seems to be affecting all of my CDLC files. Even the official DLC files are working just fine.

10 answers to this question

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have followed instruction given in the video to install the CDLCs. The dll D3DX9_42.DLL is copied under the root folder of RS2014, I have the official version of cherub rock song and I have used RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe to change the package ID of the CDLC song.

I have tried also with Rocksmith2014_patcher.exe copied also in the root folder of RS2014.

The result is always the same (I have tried with several CDLCs with _p.psarc extension as I have a PC under WIndows 8.1): I see the CDLC song, I tunne my guitar and once done, nothing. Only the 2 amps but the song don't start. I cannot even go back and have to kipp RS2014 process.

Note that RS DLC (and cherub rock) are working correctly. It is only CDLCs which don't start after tuning the guitar.

All  ideas to find a fix is welcome.

Thank in advance.

• Administrator

1) do you have a command window launching before the game when using the dll?

2) If you own cherub rock you don't have to change the package ID as it should be cherub rock by default on every CDLC that you can find here.

3) if you use the patcher, you should get rid of the dll to avoid any conflict (it's also available the other way around)

4) there's multiple dll file available out there make sure to use this one : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5ehzgh0s9xdbbfc/D3DX9_42.dll?dl=1&token_hash=AAGRCgJR0scSCHFFYW1NYnnSBtTgAR_HzKIFf6jvSZPohQ

5) If all of those don't work, we'll need more information to actually pinpoint the exact issue (the dll should work 99.99% of the time)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Hello

Thank you for your quick reply.

are my answers to your questions

I run RS2014 from Steam. I will check if a command window launches when I use the dll and keep you informed.

2) If you own cherub rock you don't have to change the package ID as it should be cherub rock by default on every CDLC that you can find here.

So if I use a CDLC from customforge it is not necessary to run RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe because the CDLC has already the packageID of Cherub Rock.  Understood.

4) there's multiple dll file

Thanks I will try again with this version of the dll

3) if you use the patcher,  ...

If this don't work with the version of the dll you gave, I will try again with the patcher with the original RS dll.

I will post the result of these tests to keep you informed.

Hello,

I'm confirming the problem with my Rocksmith 2014.

I have a Steam version of Rocksmith 2014 (license). All the original DLCs are plays fine, but customs doesn't work.

DLLs and patcher doesn't fix the problem for me (cmd window was shown). Custom DLCs stop after tuning.

-- Sorry for mistakes, I'm not an English speaker.

---

I'm not an English speaker. Sorry for possible mistakes.

• Administrator

@@Vodka

2) If you own cherub rock you don't have to change the package ID as it should be cherub rock by default on every CDLC that you can find here.

3) if you use the patcher, you should get rid of the dll to avoid any conflict (it's also available the other way around)

4) there's multiple dll file available out there make sure to use this one : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5ehzgh0s9xdbbfc/D3DX9_42.dll?dl=1&token_hash=AAGRCgJR0scSCHFFYW1NYnnSBtTgAR_HzKIFf6jvSZPohQ

5) If all of those don't work, we'll need more information to actually pinpoint the exact issue (the dll should work 99.99% of the time)

i'm interesting in the number 3 for you, do you have the patcher AND the dll in Rocksmith folder at the same time? What .exe file do you use to launch the game?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@Vodka

i'm interesting in the number 3 for you, do you have the patcher AND the dll in Rocksmith folder at the same time? What .exe file do you use to launch the game?

Hello,

woops. I'm sorry. I made a mistake.

DLLs and patcher just does nothing for my Steam version. CDLCs not showing in game at all.

I have cherub rock (bought it)

The game without DLL or patcher showing CDLCs but they're doesn't work. After tunning nothing happens.

Here's a screenshot of original binary with DLL running: http://snap.ashampoo.com/ivf2F9hs

---

Heh.

I'm sorry I abused you.

Guess I found how to play CDLC now.

1. Original RS2014 without patches launched from steam doesn't play CDLCs after tunning.

2. Then I ran original rs2014 the DLL directly from the folder without Steam (not from the client), the game didn't show CDLC (see above).

3. BUT, then I ran original rs2014 FROM Steam client with DLL placed near, everything became OK!

http://snap.ashampoo.com/p61iN2of

Edited by Vodka

---