Rocksmith Help.

Mad_Al

Question

Hi, I have a dilemma, I want to some how transfer a song with sound and video from my PC to an iPad to play at an event for folk with brain injuries. It sounds simple, i know, but I'm one of those people with a brain injury. I've had 2 brain operations now for the removal of a tumour, I play Rocksmith everyday and have done for over a year, I can play all the songs with varying degree's of success, my problem comes to light that I have have no recollection of anything I've played, however, my chord shapes are spot on due to muscle memory, I'd hate to think where I'd be now without the distraction of music and playing guitar, I suppose in a way, if I can do it anyone can, it's my way of showing people there is a way back from brain damage and this is what I can do, with some dedication and love for what I'm doing. So, for a start I'd like to thank everyone who's ever contributed to Custom Forge, you've made a huge difference to my injuries, keep it up, also if anyone has a solution to my dilemma that would be great too. So enjoy what you've got, squeeze everyday with both hands for the thing that brings you joy.

Thanks guys.

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

So you want to transfer you videos to ipad,right? I don't know much about it because i'm don't have any apple softwere.All I know ,that they do it with itunes,but this guy in this video do it whitout itune:  

Hope it helps!
  • Like 1

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

@@Mad_Al -

Just so I have things straight, you want to be able to use your ipad to play along to a video of a Rocksmith song?

If so, it might be worth checking youtube, as someone else might already have a playthrough video for the song, and you could just load that up when the time comes.

If there aren't any playthrough videos yet, then things become a bit more complicated, as it can be a little tricky to figure out how to record videos with audio, as the default settings prevent that. This tutorial should get you started on how to record video from Rocksmith (but some details may have changed since then). You'd then have to record a playthrough video of that, then either i) transfer the video file to your ipad, then play that at the event, or ii) upload the video to youtube, then play the youtube video at the event.

Finally, if you find recording and transferring the video difficult, I (and perhaps others) would be happy to record the video and upload it for you.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@Mad_Al -

Just so I have things straight, you want to be able to use your ipad to play along to a video of a Rocksmith song?

If so, it might be worth checking youtube, as someone else might already have a playthrough video for the song, and you could just load that up when the time comes.

If there aren't any playthrough videos yet, then things become a bit more complicated, as it can be a little tricky to figure out how to record videos with audio, as the default settings prevent that. This tutorial should get you started on how to record video from Rocksmith (but some details may have changed since then). You'd then have to record a playthrough video of that, then either a) transfer the video file to your ipad, then play that at the event, or B) upload the video to youtube, then play the youtube video at the event.

Finally, if you find recording and transferring the video difficult, I (and perhaps others) would be happy to record the video and upload it for you.

I Wouldn't mind helping this guy out at all, I need to learn how to record video anyway, if help is needed let me know albatross213