String problem with a Stratocaster

ShrillBear52

Question

Seriusly guys that's the 5th time,that my high e string broke.Is that normal?!?!?!Or i restringd it wrong and should i take it to the guitarstore to chek it out if there is any problem?This is fist eletric guitar ever and i don't want it to be bad.(Vision Stratocaster)

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

13 answers to this question

In addition to what @@Brooklyn_Sounds mentioned, there are a few other things I know of that can cause strings to break easily:

-Wrong string gauge for the nut. If strings are too thick they can sit improperly and get a lot of stress put on them.

-Unsmooth frets. Check your frets to see if there's anything that stands out to your finger. If any of them are nicked, the string could catch on these things during bends and cause some damage.

Uh, I think I had one more, but can't remember it. Anyway, here's a list of some other things that might be worth checking.

If the strings are all breaking in about the same place every time (do a quick check of one of the fragments afterwards) it might help diagnose what the problem is.

Also, if they're breaking exceptionally frequently, it might make sense to get a bunch of single strings for the high e, as the other strings won't be too worn out each time and it will probably be cheaper in the long run.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Buy a proper guitar tuner and use that when you re-string, don't use Rocksmith to tune your new strings.

$10.

Maybe i should do this,not a bad idea thanks!

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

I would need to know a few things so I can try and help. First, what gauge of string do you use? Are you constantly retuning? How many wraps around the post do you do? Let's start there. :D

I use normal 9 string(for this stratocaster and for my new SG)(I only use 10 string for My Les Paul),and yes if i restringd my guitar i take rocksmith and then tunning it.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

In addition to what @@Brooklyn_Sounds mentioned, there are a few other things I know of that can cause strings to break easily:

-Wrong string gauge for the nut. If strings are too thick they can sit improperly and get a lot of stress put on them.

-Unsmooth frets. Check your frets to see if there's anything that stands out to your finger. If any of them are nicked, the string could catch on these things during bends and cause some damage.

Uh, I think I had one more, but can't remember it. Anyway, here's a list of some other things that might be worth checking.

If the strings are all breaking in about the same place every time (do a quick check of one of the fragments afterwards) it might help diagnose what the problem is.

Also, if they're breaking exceptionally frequently, it might make sense to get a bunch of single strings for the high e, as the other strings won't be too worn out each time and it will probably be cheaper in the long run.

Maybe there is a problem with the nut(I'm not sure) i don't say it can be stressd ,because i don' tie the strigs to strong(usually).

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

you could always put wax paper or something similar under the string where it sits in the nut to see if that helps.  If it does, then your problem is the nut and then you will know what to replace. Also try a different brand of strings just to see if you got a bad batch.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I guess it breaks always at the same position? If it does you know where the problem probably has it's source.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Guys,i've been thinking,the problem is most likely with the guitar,because I tied the string good every time(exepct 2 times)and that was maybe a month ago(still wonder why olny the high e string broke)also i thing the brideg is suck,because i can't palm mute normaly while i play standing,yes i know it's diffrent when i play shile standing but look,if I play stand with my Les Paul i can (some how)and even i play while sitting down(with the strat)i can palm mute but it hurt my hand(before i didn't taked it to the guitarstore there was no problem with the bridge).

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

"I guess it breaks always at the same position? If it does you know where the problem probably has it's source"+1.

Fot me .09 is too thin it breaks too often i only use .10 for std tuning.

The last time it brookd i wanted to tune to Drop D flat.Maybe i should use 010 string for my other guitars to.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

ShrillBear52, try with 0.10 & you'll see if it makes any difference & will confirm if there's another problem on the strat.

I will ask about it in the guitarstore and also about the bridge.thanks!

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg