losing real tones during play on PC

TamWolf

Question

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I'm new to this, so bear with me please.

PC version keeps dropping real guitar /bass tones during play,  removing effects & dropping volume so as to become unusable. Restart fixes the problem, but it is a real pain in the neck restarting from Steam every other song. I'm spending more time looking at the white bootup screens than I am playing, which is a damn shame as I absolutely love this game, having just passed 350 hours. I will happily donate £50 if someone can help me fix this issue. Thank you in advance for any help, and thank you all uploaders for your efforts. Playing a bassline or guitar riff you've loved for 30+ years has to be the most joyous experience you can have with your clothes on. CHEERS.

14 answers to this question

@@TamWolf -

I believe that if a Custom song doesn't have a custom tone then it causes this problem after playing it.

So if you are getting this problem after playing the song, I'd check out whether the song actually has a custom tone (it should be listed on the record page, but sometimes entries in the record page aren't entirely accurate).

Then, if you want to avoid the loss of tone, you can either avoid playing those songs, or you can add a tone to the file using the Rocksmith Custom Toolkit. If you can think of another song that would have a reasonable tone for that song, you can import it to the toolkit and then edit the arrangement so that it will use that tone rather than the default.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions, or would like to know more about adding tones.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

The real tone is there, it plays for a while, then drops midsong. This is indicated onscreen as the circle,soundwavy things stop coming out of the speakers, and audibly by a drop in volume and a return to a flat, plain guitar tone with no effects. Reboot makes real tone come back, but this is happening every other song. Any wisdom gratefully received.

@@TamWolf - I try to avoid the songs without custom tones, so I'm not entirely sure how they cause you to lose the tone, so I can't say whether what you're describing is the type of behavior you usually get. At the very least I think something like that could happen if there is a tone switch to a second tone which is left at the default (which can happen if a charter isn't paying attention).

Anyway, if you could let me know the name of a few CDLC that you're having problems with I could check them for custom tones. While it's possible that it's something else, pretty much the only kind of thing I've heard of causing problems like this is the lack of a custom tone.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Administrator

I know that recently i have a random dead tone issue that can happen in any song (even on official DLC) and i can't seems to pinpoint the issue so far. Maybe one bad CDLC but i have over 1k CDLC so testing it out would take ages especially since the dead tone is happening quite randomly...

The big question is : does it happen always on the same song(s)? if so it's an issue with the song itself. If not then the issue might be a bit more tedious to find.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Priority 1 would be as Firekorn says and try to establish a pattern with regards to specific CDLC causing it.

Other than that it might be an idea to use a different USB socket.  A completely different one (so the pc says "installing drivers" again), not just the one next to it.

I am having the same issue. i can say there seems to be no pattern and is not a cdlc problem. It happens on regular purchased songs as well. Sometimes its 2 songs in, sometimes its 10 or more. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

• Administrator

i've been able to pinpoint that issue to having flash element running inside a browser on my computer so there might be a link to the RAM/CPU load when playing RS too.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Last night i had to restart my game 4x. It went dead usually 2-3 songs in. all different songs but always between songs. the last attempt was Hysteria by Def Leppard that I bought from Steam and it went dead at the first tone change, first time its ever done that in the middle of a song. Also this was the first song i tried that time.

This would happen to me as well even as far back as around launch. Though in my case, it usually only triggers after an hour plus of play and a restart always fixes it. It doesn't occur frequently or synonymous with any one CDLC for me however. I also had this theory for awhile that alt tabbing frequently would more likely trigger it, but I never really pinpointed it.

ok, now its happening in the middle of a song. I was just in the middle of Barracuda and tone went dead. I wish i had the smarts to figure out what is causing it. Would contacting Rocksmith/Ubisoft directly help me at all you think?