Profile Not Valid File

I put this in the toolkit thread because it seems to be the only thing it effects (just now).

My profile file keeps being re-named and capitalized.

Example:

should be called ...cca52addb2_prfldb

but keeps being re-named ...CCA52ADDB2_PRFLDB

when I play the game.  I am sure it only started a few days ago.

The game seems to play fine and I have all my scores, but it never used to do it and its worrying me wtf is causing it.

The only trouble I have is when I use the toolkit to import tones from it I get an error message "not a valid file", which is kinda nippy.

When I manually rename it with lower case the toolkit can use it, and again the game works fine.

I cba re-naming every time I wanna import tones :(

Anyone any ideas, whats causing it, how to fix?

Is it possible this is what other people are calling "corrupted profile"?

Edit ------------------------------------

Did some testing cause it was nippin my head.  Seems like its the game doing it.

I have 4 in game profiles and the game has just done it to them all, as soon as you load a profile and hit the main menu (and then leave game without even playing a song) it has capitalized the corresponding profile file.

Basically when the game says "loading profile" it must do it.

Wonder why, I didn't notice any game updates through Steam?

FYI it tried it twice with all dlc removed too, in case it was "enumerating content" that did it, and the game still did it.

Bit of a bummer I need to mess about to access any new tones I make :(

What would be helpful is if a couple of people could check their own profile to see if it has been capitalized, then i can stop worrying if it is normal behaviour.

Maybe newer toolkits can import the re-named files (for tones), and haven't really tested newer toolkits :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

@PC Plum

Modified toolkit to accept new uppercase game save profile file names.  Added open file dialog filters for game save profiles so that importing tones is more straight forward.  Added additional  popup feedback to alert user if game save profile does not contain any importable custom tones. 

Would appreciate it if you would test latest build.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

I tried to download the new toolklit and I get

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access denied.</Message><Details>Anonymous callers do not have storage.objects.get access to object appveyor-artifacts/rscustom-17484/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/160/2ur2u0x0gl9knu67/rstoolkit-2.6.1.0-14f5fa47-win.zip.</Details></Error>

I tried both your direct link and going to rscustom.net and manually clicking the latest test build link, that message happens with both :(

• Developer

@Alex360  looks like www.rscustom.net/builds server is down.  Can you work magic and give it a kick?  Thanks

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@@Alex360 @Snakez  I just checked www.rscustom.net/builds server and it is dishing out latest build again.  Thanks

@PC Plum FYI

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy