Guitar tones not imported

• Administrator

Could you describe what do you do exactly and what do you get (screenshot are quite usefull too) so that we can actually try to understand what the issue might be.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Also, you have to select (highlight in blue) which tones you want to import. If there are multiple tones and only the bass tone is highlighted, that's all you'll get.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I'm also having trouble with tones saving when i repack a song, i choose the tone i want to use and make sure its highlighted blue and import, then repack song after adjusting levels etc..but when i go to play the song i only have a clean tone, so i have done a test i unpack the custom to check if my tone had been saved and there is only a bass tone no guitar tone at all, i unpack repack a couple of times to test and every time there's just the bass tone after importing a guitar tone.

Any idea what could be happening, i,m using the latest version of the toolkit and also tried a older version and same thing still happens, this custom has bass and two guitar arrangements if that helps.

Any help on this would be great thanks.

@@M666 -

Do you edit the arrangements to point to the new tone once you're done editing it? If it's just in the list of Tones but not actually used by any of the arrangements it will get ignored by the toolkit when you're packing it and won't show up when you unpack the result.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Hi Albatross213, do you mean edit the tone name in the JSON note pad file? i just look in the guitar rhythm file and the tone name has bass at the end of it like this - sepultura_dead-embryonic-cells_bass   would that be the reason for the tone not working?

And the lead guitar has the same name too, so if i edit a new name in the JSON file and import a new tone and edit the name the same it should work? thanks

@@M666 - You shouldn't have to do any manual editing of any JSON files. In the "Arrangements" section of the toolkit, there should be the list of arrangements that you'll have (if you have them: lead, rhythm, bass, vocals, possibly bonus arrangements of each). Click the arrangement you want to check to the tone for, then click edit. In the "Tone Selector", select the tone you want (if you've deleted a tone that was previously there, what was listed for the tones under arrangements may not match what's there under Tone Selector, which will be what it's actually using for in game tones). Then you should be good to go.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy